Yahoo

Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.8

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yahoo.

They interviewed me few months after talking me to at my college career fair. I had two interviews. The first one was one simple OO concepts and basic programming questions. The second one was more focussed on front end questions and I didn't know the front end concepts really well. It was pretty clear after that I wasn't going to make it after that. I had another deadline just a few days after that so heard back from them regarding it pretty soon.

Even though I didn't get through. I liked their overall interview process.

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Yahoo in November 2013.

Applied at campus job fair. Heard back in a about 2 weeks and had 2 technical phone interviews about a week apart for the mobile team. Both were pretty straightforward questions and interviewers were very nice. Talked a bit about past projects as well. Received offer within a few weeks. Overall a great interview process!

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not too difficult. One was: given 2 sorted arrays (of length 2n and n), merge into one sorted array.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo.

2 phone interviews.

I had a negative experience. The person who contacted me asked me if I could interview at a certain time, during which I replied I had an exam and offered many other times for an interview on following days. After a week of no response, I followed up, and was told I will be receiving phone interviews at times other than ones I had listed.

The first interview went well, but the second interviewer seemed to think I was incompetent and disregarded my suggestions for the solution even though he later suggested the same things.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo in September 2014.

Very bad experience. They sent a new hire for interview who has limited knowledge of anything. Very bad of Yahoo to send such a newbie for interview when I myself have 2+ years of industry experience. Also I was told that I will be reimbursed for cab fare which I never was.

Intern Interview

interviewed at Yahoo in January 2014.

Submit my resume on a career fair. Got a technical phone interview after 2 months. the questions are about data structure and algorithm. e.g. class of tree in C++. and a coding questions concerning tree traversal DFS and BFS.

Referred by a friend

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in January 2014.

Contacted by University recruiter. Got phone interview within a week

Interview Questions
    • There's only one coding question, which is about implementing peek() method in ArrayList iterator (get the value of next without moving iterator to next element). You can only use the next() method in the implementation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Yahoo.

Yahoo came to campus for a career fair where I talked to them. We then set up a 30 minute phone interview

Interview Questions
    • It honestly wasn't that difficult. They asked a question about object oriented programming and a simple reverse a string in place.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo.

The Process took 2-3 weeks. Initial phone interview followed by 2- phone interviews. Still waiting for the HR interview and confirmation.

Interview Questions
    • HTTP post methods, how to make programs compied on different machines (32 and 63 bit) compatible with a single application using them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in September 2013.

The interview was alright. they did ask some pretty tough questions though, but all of them were based on my resume. you should really know everything you put on your resume. Other than that, there is definitely coding, but they let you choose what language you want, I chose java and c.