Yahoo

Yahoo Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2015
Updated Mar 1, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

The interviewer was a male and very polite. First he asked something from my resume such as what is my favorite projects. And then we started the technical questions. The technical questions covered a algorithm problem, a c programming problem, some basic stuff about STL in C++ and some other practical questions such as writing a bash. My performance was very bad.

Interview Questions
    • Write a example to show the use of bitset container in C++   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Yahoo.

I had 2 interviews on campus after meeting a recruiter in a job fair. My gpa was actually lower than their standards but they gave me an interview anyways. They asked me resume questions as well as give me an opportunity to explain why my gpa was low (3.4). Afterwords they asked me simple questions like reversing a linked list, and then asked me questions like what other offers do you have? I was then given the 2nd interview immediately afterwards, to which they asked 3 programming questions, like parsing a regular expression given a string, and designing monopoly and how to determine if a list has no duplicates.

Interview Questions
    • Design Monopoly.
      Given 2 strings, figure out if one is a reg expression of the other.

examples:
      Y-hoo, Yahoo -True
      Y*o, Yahoo -> True
      **hoo ->Yahoo True
      ya-* -> yahoo True

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Yahoo.

Sat down for an afternoon of interviews after a few phone calls. The first interviewer did not know he was interviewing me until the morning of the interviews and took 15 minutes out of the 30 given for a technical interview asking about my background. He was unable to articulate his question about Hash tables. Outside of this poor experience, the other three interviewers were very interested in using the full 45 minutes provided to them to ask a question, and then dive deeper into space/time questions.

Interview Questions
    • Sample Questions:
      1 - Given a pre-order traversal of a BST represented by an array of integers, generate the tree
      2 - Given an infinite number of servers with an infinite amount integers on each server, return the median integer. Assume a finite amount of space and time.

Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo.

Phone interview. Then met with 4-5 of people in 1 day. It was pretty relaxed. They asked about some specific accounts and executions I had done in the past for advertisers.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo.

Went to the Career Fair in our university and got the interview. The process included two rounds. Interviewers were interested in my data science background and were very friendly. While they asked a lot about my experience, they also shared a lot about Yahoo with me. Each interviewer asked one technical question. One is an open question such as what assumption will I add in order to develop a faster algorithm and how.

Interview Questions
    • What assumption will I add in order to develop a faster algorithm and how   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yahoo.

Applied through College Career Fair, Had an onsite interview the next day. Did not get much time to prepare. It was a technical coding round. The interviewer directly started with questions. Was asked to write proper code. He gave some hints but I could not crack the problem.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked questions only on n-ary trees. Had not prepared for it.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in February 2015.

I submitted my resume on career fair last month. After a week, the recruiter scheduled two phone interviews with two senior software engineers. Basic questions in algorithm, data structure, object-oriented programming and operating system are covered. A coding process on Collaedit. Finally, they asked me if I had any questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yahoo in February 2015.

The process took three days. First one on Thursday, and the following on Sunday. The whole process took around a week. I like the interview process, although the second round is a little bit quick due to some computer problems for the recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yahoo in February 2015.

Interview started with a few simple CS and Linux based questions, like one liners. The interviewer was nice and polite, asked about my experience and explained a bit about his team and his role etc. Then went into a programming question, which was easy to average question, but I messed in dealing with array and indexes, so didn't finish the solution in time, he helped me find the mistake and also told me the approach is correct, but there is a small mistake in juggling with indexes in the array operation. As we were user coderpad.com, I have to execute solution right there, so issue was obvious, if its a google doc or collabedit issue wouldn't be found so easy. I was pleased with the experience and interviewer's team, but bad luck.

Associate Product Manager Interview

1st telephonic interview is with a APM, Brief 'Tell me about yourself' introduction, then questions about product design. What is your favorite product? How would you improve it? For mobile, which new application would you suggest Yahoo to develop? In the end, he asked if I had any questions for him.

Interview Questions
    • For mobile, which new application would you suggest Yahoo to develop? Why do you think Yahoo should develop it? How would you go about developing what you suggested?   Answer Question