Yahoo

Getting the Interview

488 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume in the job fair on campus, and was contacted by the recruiter in Oct. 2013. Had two interviews in total. The hiring process was very very slow, and it was disorganized.

Interview Question – Find the anagrams among a list of words   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – Applied Online, got call for telephonic interview about in a month

Interview Question – There was nothing mentioned about front-end development in my resume, still I got call from UI development team . Interviewer asked me about UI development; right from Javascript, jQuery to HTML5, CSS   View Answer

Technical Yahoo - Software Engineer Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – most of the questions are from DS and algorithms. I received the feedback saying that the interviews went well and my application is submitted to hiring committee but have not heard since 1 month. The HR never responds. I had the worst experience dealing with recruiters at yahoo.

Software Engineer Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in February 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by a hiring manager about an interview. The next week I had a technical phone interview.
Questions:
1. List all permutations of a string. E.g.; If you're given abc, the output should be abc, acb, bca, bac, cab, cba.
2. Fibonacci series - both recursively and iteratively. Tell me which one is better in terms of memory and speed of execution.
Did not hear back from them even after a month.

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in February 2014.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by a recruiter through email. Had two phone rounds over a period of 3 weeks. Was called onsite for an in-person interview. The decision came in after a week. HR was very prompt and expedited the decision process.

Interview Question – The interviews were more sort of discussions on a wide range of topics like Distributed Systems, Networking, Algorithms, Data Structures   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I felt that the offer was generous.

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in June 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter reached out to me first. Then I was bombarded with a number of different internal positions. Finally, they zeroed in on one position. I talked with the manager and then went in for the in-person interview. The position didn't quite seem to be a fit for what I wanted to do. However, recruiter contact just died up after then

Interview Question – There were a few algorithms questions that did not seem relevant to the job   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Yahoo in October 2013.

Interview Details – This is for an internal transfer, thus the process has been greatly simplified. Individually talked to 4 senior product managers from different teams. Was assessed based on my technical background, project management skills, communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to prioritize and manage schedule, and intuition to market offering and product features.

Interview Question – How will Google self-drive car change the public transit system if they are made available for general audience.   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online after talking to recruiter at career fair; got contacted within a few days. Had phone interviews with two groups (2 rounds each). The interviews mainly consisted of coding on Collabedit. After each interview I was contacted within a few days for the next steps. My first-round interviews went pretty smoothly, but for my second round interviews I got an interviewer who asked me a few questions I couldn't answer, and we never made it to the coding round and he basically just cut the interview short at 10 minutes without really giving me a chance, which I found kind of off-putting. The other group's second-round wen't smoothly, and I got contacted with an offer about a week later.

Interview Question – Nothing really that unexpected, just some questions on data structures and algorithms   Answer Question

NOC Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Yahoo

Interview Details – The interview process was very well organized. Once at the interview it was a comfortable environment and the interviewers were knowledgeable and outgoing. Post interview the hiring process was a bit lengthy but they did keep me informed on progress with hiring the candidate. Overall was a pleasant experience from interview to hiring.

Interview Question – I did not experience any question that was difficult or unexpected, the approach was very forthcoming and open and comfortable.   Answer Question

Applied for Technical Architect Interview

Interviewed at Yahoo

Interview Details – An e-mail from someone at yahoo. Followed by a talk on phone. Two technical interviews on phone. I kept asking about the position they are looking for and they kept mentioning we have a "lot" of positions and will fit you based on skills. Then an invitation for onsite interview and then the bummer, they had no idea where they want to fit me and kept deferring.

Interview Question – None..., just simple ones. May be if there was something onsite, it would be interesting.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yahoo

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo interview questions and advice. All 488 interview reviews posted anonymously by Yahoo employees and interview candidates.