Yahoo Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Straightforward phone interviews with hiring managers, and other members of the marketing team. Wanted to know about my background, why I was interested in the role and what motivated me to join the company at that particular time

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

1)Late reply from the univ recruiter
    2)Ask you any damn questions doesnt even realise its for intern who are here to learn and not answer questions which are for experienced people
    3)Doesnt even bother about what I did previously ,one questions and if you cant its over

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

It is a two screen process at yahoo. The interviewer's are great and help in case you get stuck. They basically check your programming knowledge and logical concepts. Even if you write the code a bit incorrect, it won't affect your result unless you tell them the correct algorithm. Linked List, Stack , Queue, Arrays and Strings, Searching Sorting and Trees and Graphs are things which should be prepared before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Check if the string is balanced. eg {{}} should return true,
      Given a input sentence tokenize it and print the word count. eg the boy went to the school- > the 2, boy 1, went 1, to 1, school 1

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yahoo in April 2015.

Interview

It was straightforward. I applied in career fair. They sent me mail for calling details. They called me on time and asked simple questions. Not giving time to think the logic of the code exercise.

Interview Questions

• Basic PHP questions. Code to group anagrams from collection of strings   Answer Question

Recruiter/Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Both interviewers were very friendly. I was able to ask straightforward questions. It lasted about 1.5 hours with two people. A Director and a Lead Recruiter. Both had been with Yahoo for several years and shared a lot of insight with me.

Interview Questions

• What was my sourcing process?
      What is my best sourcing method?
      How would I source a Mobile Engineer (Boolean)?
      Where are my sources?
      What was my hardest role to source for?

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

It was one hour interview, went through my resume and started with a coding question over collab edit and HTML, CSS and Javascript questions. More questions on HTML and JavaScript.

Interview Questions

• Give the top ten elements of the given array   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

I had 2 interviews on campus after meeting a recruiter in a job fair. My gpa was actually lower than their standards but they gave me an interview anyways. They asked me resume questions as well as give me an opportunity to explain why my gpa was low (3.4). Afterwords they asked me simple questions like reversing a linked list, and then asked me questions like what other offers do you have? I was then given the 2nd interview immediately afterwards, to which they asked 3 programming questions, like parsing a regular expression given a string, and designing monopoly and how to determine if a list has no duplicates.

Interview Questions

• Design Monopoly.
      Given 2 strings, figure out if one is a reg expression of the other.

examples:
      Y-hoo, Yahoo -True
      Y*o, Yahoo -> True
      **hoo ->Yahoo True
      ya-* -> yahoo True

Software Development, Technical Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Met Yahoo in my school career fair. They set up an interview immediately in the HQ at Sunnyvale. The interview was 2 rounds.

The first round was interviewed by team member on basic data structures. Ex: Implement a stack. I was given white board to write code.

The second round was interviewed by team manager. This round was tough. Asked about 6-7 programming questions and I was asked to write code on the white board. I was asked to design Tic Tac Toe game library and write unit tests for each function.

The interview process went on pretty smooth. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Consider 1 million strings with each of string having 1 million characters. Find the minimum number of characters to read such that you can identify each string uniquely.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

applied online and got a reply few days later.
    Then setup for a phone interview.
    I got a phone interview for an hour.
    I was asked to solve three coding questions, string sorting, simple linked list, and string hashing.

Senior Editor Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Yahoo has you interview with your future potential peers, which is interesting and somewhat effective. Deadline with HR was a bit of a nightmare though. When the offer finally came in, the back and forth was not fun at all. They're a big corporation that it's easy to get lost in. Wouldn't recommend them too highly as they're a bit directionless still, even in the Marissa Mayer era.