Yahoo

Updated Nov 17, 2014

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yahoo in February 2010.

The worst interview I ever had was for a web developer position with Yahoo! I was interviewed by a team of arrogant web developers. None of the people who interviewed me had any people skills. They basically interviewed me one-on-one, one right after the other. They bombarded me with questions that you could tell they were working on solving at the moment, and when I couldn't answer them on-the-fly without researching the problem and searching the Internet for solutions, they showed me out the door as if I had wasted their time.

Interview Questions
    • Database case study problem and object-oriented JavaScript questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in January 2010.

manager is not good but the rest of the team asked proper questions

Interview Questions
    • How would you know the highest value using binary?   View Answer

Technical Yahoo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in June 2010.

Initially contacted for a telephonic interview, had a call with recruiting manager for about an hour and then had a second telephonic with one of the engineers and it was a technical round. Didn't hear back for a while and got a call after 3 weeks and was told that the position went on hold for a while and scheduled a second telephonic technical round for another one hour. I had couple of other offers at the time but was inclined towards yahoo since I'm going to get to work on hadoop at Yahoo. Hiring manager expedited the process after that, called in for an in person interview one day before a long weekend, it was 5 hour long interview around algorithms, data structures, C++ coding and misc perl and unix questions and some random db questions. Time just flew by and immediately after the long weekend was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • algorithm to give an optimal packaging (np hard packaging) rectangles into rectangles
      algorithm to solve sudoku (just looking for thought process)
        Answer Question
    I was able to get a good offer in that down market, and was able to negotiate a signing bonus. But, it is tough to get a raise once settled in to the job, would suggest to negotiate for about 20% of what you are making and you may endup with at least 15% higher.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico City (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico City (Mexico)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in October 2010.

Highly organized and structured. Excellent and effective process.

Interview Questions
    • Please provide an example on how to cope with difficult people.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Yahoo in June 2012.

Got contacted by a recruiter. Very informative and nice chat. Next was an interview over the phone, it wasn't that difficult. After that they invited me on site. Got interviewed by 4 Engineers. The questions were quite challenging so be sure to review all your CS course.

Interview Questions
    • Question about circular linked list, how to detect it and where to find the origin of the loop.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yahoo in March 2013.

The interviews of Yahoo! are not regular. They may ask various kinds of questions. What I encountered is: How to design a survey website? After answering, he was not satisfactory and rejected me in 2 hours...

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo in March 2014.

Applied through on campus recruiting, got an email requesting phone interviews a couple of weeks later. Interviews were with two different teams with 2 interviews each. Got the offer about a week after the interviews.

Senior Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Yahoo in June 2012.

Took 6 months from start to finish with frequent stops in between. Luckily I wasn't looking for a job but I'm sure they lost a lot of good candidates due to the length of the process.

Not much room for negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in May 2010.

I applies online and recruiter contacted me next day. First I talked with recruiter and then technical phone screen followed by onsite interview.Onsite interview had 5-6 rounds each 1 hour long. Overall experience was good and interviewees were friendly

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Yahoo in September 2013.

Recruiter contacted me for a phone interview with an Engineering team

Interview Questions
    • All were knowledge-based questions related to HTML, CSS and other Web technologies during phone interview.   Answer Question