Yahoo Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2014
Updated Aug 18, 2014
537 interviews

Software Engineering Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Yahoo.

On compus career fair, talked to recruiter about the courses and projects
    Two months later got phone interview notification, then after a long time got scheduled exact phone interview to data&ads team.
    In the phone interview, it's just some simple questions. In the 45 minutes talk, first talked about resume projects, then several basic java questions and data structure programming problems.

Interview Questions
    • Something about how to optimize the programming solution if the memory is limited   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Had 1 phone screen then invited to onsite. I felt that Interviewers are not interested in interviewing candidates. Some interviewers told me that he is not sure what to ask as he does not work in the team I was interviewing. worst HR and worst interview process.I was interviewed for back end position but one interviewer was asking front end questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Yahoo in June 2014.

I have only done the phone screening of which I found the engineer to be very polite. He asked me the difference between an array and a linked list. He also asked me two technical questions

Interview Questions
    • Find the least common ancestor in a tree where each node points to it's parent.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Yahoo.

The service will then walk users through the privacy settings for their status updates, remind them of the applications that have permission to use their Facebook. The service will then walk users through the privacy settings for their status updates, remind them of the applications that have permission to use their Facebook.

Interview Questions
    • The service will then walk users through the privacy settings for their status updates, remind them of the applications that have permission to use their Facebook d   View Answer

Front End Interview

onsite: more than five people interview me including algrithm,js,html,css,some basic java questions. basicly, most questions are simple,all of them you can find online. but after coding,you will be asked to improve the performance, like running time and trading off.

Applied for Technical Architect Interview

An e-mail from someone at yahoo. Followed by a talk on phone. Two technical interviews on phone. I kept asking about the position they are looking for and they kept mentioning we have a "lot" of positions and will fit you based on skills. Then an invitation for onsite interview and then the bummer, they had no idea where they want to fit me and kept deferring.

Interview Questions
    • None..., just simple ones. May be if there was something onsite, it would be interesting.   Answer Question

Tech Person Interview

It was ok, I didn't mind

Software Engineer Interview

It is a campus interview, i received the email days after the campus career fair. just went to their office and two interviewer asked me some questions about database, relations, searing, and also some basic algorithms, definitions of PHP stuff...

Interview Questions
    • ask me to do the coding on the laptop/white board. real problem, not simple definition questions. you have to write to type,   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through campus career fair and got invitation that afternoon, interviewed next day

Interview Questions
    • I went to library and had this interview with a Sr manager in mobile group.
      He looked though my resume and asked almost all of my projects on resume, when it came to image process, he asked me about the detail of this algorithm. And I had also a android project, he asked me how to handle the situation if an operation took too long and the view was hanged there.
      Also he asked about hash table and how to avoid collision.
        View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Intern Interview

2 rounds
    R1 - Algorithms- Q: Sorted array rotated n times. Find element x. Basic java and linux questions.
    R2 - Coding round- basic dynamic programming question.

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!