Yahoo

Yahoo Interview Questions

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo.

2 phone interviews.

I had a negative experience. The person who contacted me asked me if I could interview at a certain time, during which I replied I had an exam and offered many other times for an interview on following days. After a week of no response, I followed up, and was told I will be receiving phone interviews at times other than ones I had listed.

The first interview went well, but the second interviewer seemed to think I was incompetent and disregarded my suggestions for the solution even though he later suggested the same things.

Software Engineer Interview

I went to my university job fair and talked to Yahoo recruiter. They were interviewing people the next day and decided to give me a chance. I did not make it through the interview tho because I did a bad job and did not really have enough time to get prepared.

Software Engineer In Champaign Interview

I applied online and got one phone screen and a on site
    the phone interview focus on really wide range, with a very easy code question and a very hard question. i didn't figured out the hard question but they still give me the onsite
    onsite had 4 technical interview and an addition with manager
    the technical interview arent that hard, espically the really coding question are really easy
    it covered exactly the four topics they send to me before so it's easy to prepare too
    but I didnt get the offer probably because I sucked the oo design questions and not good at sql

Interview Questions
    • nothing really unexpect. one interviewee ask me something about different shell in linux which I completely don't know   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Yahoo.

I received my first interview through a friend who already worked at the company. She introduced me to a director who initially had one of his employees interview me for a position on his team. While I was not a good fit for that team the director connected me with another group at Yahoo. I restarted the interview process with them and was successful.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was not particularly difficult. There were questions about the process behind specific mathematical methods. However, the majority of questions asked how I would approach particular situations at work. Ex. If you need to inform a business unit about the success of x what would you do.

One of the more difficult questions was:
      Use this white board to explain how multiple regression works.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Questions
    • Combine two lists of Object with different size into one   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Yahoo in October 2014.

First round of Phone interview.Questions were general , More on Resume.
    Also this position is for a Big Data Team in Champaign,Illinois.
    1 ) Basics of Java
    2 ) One Design question on how you would design chess board
    3 ) basics on sql - creating a table,joins,having by,aggregate functions
    4 ) Basics on unix/linux
    5) One question on scalability

Interview Questions
    • Some puzzles , may be the question was easy , just couldn’t understand the language - how would you distribute 1000 potatoes in 10 baskets.   Answer Question

Operations Center Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in October 2014.

1. Phone screen, basic unix commands and my background.
    2. Onsite interview with the team, written test with basic networking questions, face to face interview was asked linux diagnostic commands, http errors, linux/unix architecture and commands.

Everyone was friendly and the whole experience was good, except for the 40days wait to get a decision.

Interview Questions
    • They were all expected questions on how to handle network/server failures.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yahoo in October 2014.

Three on-campus interviews in one day. Not hard. But need to focus on details. All of them are based on data structures and algorithms. Make sure you prepared well. Also be prepared to talk about your more recent work experience or your current project. The interviewers are also willing to share their current project descriptions with you.

Interview Questions
    • Told to implement a doubly linked-list. The interviewer focused on details. Need to be very careful.   Answer Question

Software Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo.

Got interview from university career fair. Pretty average interview, asked lots of questions about implementation of stuff in Java. 30 minute algorithmic and that was it.
    Got an offer to move to next round but declined due to interests in other companies.

Software Engineer Interview

Submit my resume on a career fair. Got a technical phone interview after 2 months. the questions are about data structure and algorithm. e.g. class of tree in C++. and a coding questions concerning tree traversal DFS and BFS.

Other competing offer