Yahoo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – I had 2 rounds so far. I was asked basic questions in java like what is polymorphism, inheritence, garbage collection etc

Interview Question – it was related to datastructures   Answer Question

Android Engineer Interview

Android Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Yahoo in March 2014.

Interview Details – Never got the chance to talk to an engineer, but was given a 90 minute coding exercise that I had to do remotely and send in the code through e-mail. I can't say what the Android application was but I think if you know your Android sample apps and paging well (hint hint) you should do good. I did the application perfect when compared to the example, but was still rejected. Though, I also discovered I was up against people from MIT, GWU, and such while I went to a 200+ rank school, so considering how Yahoo is with universities, it seems to have been a no brainer.

Interview Question – only got to the android 90 min coding exercise where you have to make an application   View Answer

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Software Engineer New Grad
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in November 2013.

Interview Details – After a phone screening, I got an on-site interview. There are basically three rounds with three different people at the same day. Each round is towards different directions. First round is basic algorithms, and second is more related to big data which third round is related to object-oriented programming. I was asked to implement the insertion method for binary search tree.

Interview Question – In the second round I was asked how could I deal with large data file. I just have no idea of the question. The interviewer was nice and kept explaining his point to me. It's a more general answer than what I thought. I was thinking of detailed algorithms to solve that. I was also asked why choose Yahoo. I can't think of a very special reason that just suitable for yahoo.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Yahoo

Interview Details – It is a campus interview, i received the email days after the campus career fair. just went to their office and two interviewer asked me some questions about database, relations, searing, and also some basic algorithms, definitions of PHP stuff...

Interview Question – ask me to do the coding on the laptop/white board. real problem, not simple definition questions. you have to write to type,   Answer Question

Tech Person Interview

Tech Person

Interviewed at Yahoo

Interview Details – It was ok, I didn't mind

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Yahoo in September 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me for a phone interview with an Engineering team

Interview Question – All were knowledge-based questions related to HTML, CSS and other Web technologies during phone interview.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in July 2010.

Interview Details – Conducted two phone interviews. One with HR, one with the director whom I would be reporting to. The process was pretty straight forward. Tell me about yourself, walked through my resume.

Interview Question – How flexible I would be in terms of leaving my current job. The position I was interviewing for was not yet available - waiting on project approval.   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Yahoo in February 2014.

Interview Details – met them at campus career fair. emailed me that night for on campus interview next day.

30 minutes, informal. couple of questions about my previous experience, and then 2 coding questions. got both right.

HR was slow, and I just got a no even though I thought I did really well, especially since I answered both questions right.

Interview Question – kadanes theorem   Answer Question

Software Engineer

Interview Details – I applied through university career fair and it took 2 months to get a phone interview. And the interviewer asked about some basic stuff about java and TCP/IP. But I suffered from his accent, I did not understand what he said.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Biz Ops Manager Interview

Biz Ops Manager
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – 5 on site interviews by different members of recruiting team

Interview Question – Negotiation case study   Answer Question