Yahoo Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2014
Updated Aug 18, 2014
537 interviews

Software Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Yahoo in February 2014.

met them at campus career fair. emailed me that night for on campus interview next day.

30 minutes, informal. couple of questions about my previous experience, and then 2 coding questions. got both right.

HR was slow, and I just got a no even though I thought I did really well, especially since I answered both questions right.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through university career fair and it took 2 months to get a phone interview. And the interviewer asked about some basic stuff about java and TCP/IP. But I suffered from his accent, I did not understand what he said.

Biz Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

5 on site interviews by different members of recruiting team

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate. Offer was to my satisfaction

Software Engineer Intern Interview

2 rounds
    R1 - Algorithms- Q: Sorted array rotated n times. Find element x. Basic java and linux questions.
    R2 - Coding round- basic dynamic programming question.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through campus career fair and got invitation that afternoon, interviewed next day

Interview Questions
    • I went to library and had this interview with a Sr manager in mobile group.
      He looked though my resume and asked almost all of my projects on resume, when it came to image process, he asked me about the detail of this algorithm. And I had also a android project, he asked me how to handle the situation if an operation took too long and the view was hanged there.
      Also he asked about hash table and how to avoid collision.
        View Answers (2)

NOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lockport, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in May 2013.

After submitting my resume, I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was straight forward and friendly. Just wanted to get a feel for what I knew and my personality. Second interview was much the same but with a manager. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly.

Senior Data Insights Analyst Position Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview. It lasted for 35 mins. I was asked to explain my projects in depth.

Interview Questions
    • The person I spoke to was unable to understand my project inspite of repeatedly explaining   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in November 2013.

I got the onsite interview from career fair.. there are 3 rounds and 45 min each...

Interview Questions
    • the first round and the third one are basic data structures and algorithms questions. Like find the biggest kth number in an array.. But the second round asked a lot of database and operating system questions which I did not prepare...   View Answer

Intern Interview

Referred by a friend

Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Yahoo in November 2013.

Had a phone screen followed by on site. On site were 5 rounds. Focussed on algorithms, trees, linked list questions. Also design questions on real world problems like shopping site design. They wanted code in Java code. went deeply into multithreading and design patterns and other internals into Java language. Some sorting/searching code. The interviewers were very polite and helped me through the answers. Few even said they would like to see me there but i got reject. HR are really bad here at communicating. They take long time to respond. I had to mail them multiple times to know. Well if they don't tell within 2 weeks, its reject. They never communicate if you are not selected.