Yahoo Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

Software Engineer Interview

It is a campus interview, i received the email days after the campus career fair. just went to their office and two interviewer asked me some questions about database, relations, searing, and also some basic algorithms, definitions of PHP stuff...

Interview Questions
    • ask me to do the coding on the laptop/white board. real problem, not simple definition questions. you have to write to type,   Answer Question

Tech Person Interview

It was ok, I didn't mind

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Yahoo in September 2013.

Recruiter contacted me for a phone interview with an Engineering team

Interview Questions
    • All were knowledge-based questions related to HTML, CSS and other Web technologies during phone interview.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in July 2010.

Conducted two phone interviews. One with HR, one with the director whom I would be reporting to. The process was pretty straight forward. Tell me about yourself, walked through my resume.

Interview Questions
    • How flexible I would be in terms of leaving my current job. The position I was interviewing for was not yet available - waiting on project approval.   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Yahoo in February 2014.

met them at campus career fair. emailed me that night for on campus interview next day.

30 minutes, informal. couple of questions about my previous experience, and then 2 coding questions. got both right.

HR was slow, and I just got a no even though I thought I did really well, especially since I answered both questions right.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through university career fair and it took 2 months to get a phone interview. And the interviewer asked about some basic stuff about java and TCP/IP. But I suffered from his accent, I did not understand what he said.

Biz Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

5 on site interviews by different members of recruiting team

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate. Offer was to my satisfaction

Software Engineer Intern Interview

2 rounds
    R1 - Algorithms- Q: Sorted array rotated n times. Find element x. Basic java and linux questions.
    R2 - Coding round- basic dynamic programming question.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through campus career fair and got invitation that afternoon, interviewed next day

Interview Questions
    • I went to library and had this interview with a Sr manager in mobile group.
      He looked though my resume and asked almost all of my projects on resume, when it came to image process, he asked me about the detail of this algorithm. And I had also a android project, he asked me how to handle the situation if an operation took too long and the view was hanged there.
      Also he asked about hash table and how to avoid collision.
        View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in November 2013.

I got the onsite interview from career fair.. there are 3 rounds and 45 min each...

Interview Questions
    • the first round and the third one are basic data structures and algorithms questions. Like find the biggest kth number in an array.. But the second round asked a lot of database and operating system questions which I did not prepare...   View Answer