Yahoo Interview Questions & Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Yahoo - Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in May 2014.

I applied through my school's careers website. I received an email within a week to set up a phone interview. The phone interview questions covered my resume and interests. About a week later I had onsite interviews with 4 different people. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes. Questions were not overly difficult and focused on scripting and databases. Everyone was extremely nice and made me feel very comfortable throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • You have a 10x10x10 rubix cube. You paint the outside. How many cubes have paint on them?   View Answers (4)
    No need to negotiate, was offered a very competitive offer.

Freelance Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Yahoo in May 2013.

You sign up to be a writer on their website. They then put you through several classes online for writing. Then you write. Once you are hired. They approve an article they offer how much they will pay, you can accept the payment for the article or decline. Also they pay for views too. So you can get paid more for each article.

Interview Questions
    It is not difficult. But it is time consuming.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Yahoo.

I had 2 rounds so far. I was asked basic questions in java like what is polymorphism, inheritence, garbage collection etc

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in July 2010.

Conducted two phone interviews. One with HR, one with the director whom I would be reporting to. The process was pretty straight forward. Tell me about yourself, walked through my resume.

Interview Questions
    • How flexible I would be in terms of leaving my current job. The position I was interviewing for was not yet available - waiting on project approval.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in September 2009.

the hiring process is time consuming, but worth the efforts. The interviews were detailed and enjoyable

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions is where do I see myself within the company in 5 years.   Answer Question

Specialist Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Yahoo.

Received a call from the HR rep and scheduled a phone interview. Rep made it sound like I was a good fit given my experience and set-up a face to face with 2 Yahoo managers and 1 director.

I've had one interview in the past with no offer and found a pattern. The director will always drop-out of the interview at the last moment. This is how you know you won't get an offer.

I wish HR at Yahoo would be a little more professional in understanding the skill set needed for a position. They usually have no idea about what is really needed beyond the job posting.

Also, Yahoo follows the crowd of companies that will not update you after the interview has been completed. Most of the managers I interviewed with did not respond to my calls/emails and the responses I received were that they didn't know when I'd be contacted.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were straightforward and not very creative.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in July 2011.

Interviewed with 6 different people and 3 rounds. First round with with Sr. Director of Program Management over the phone. Second round was an on site interview with 4 different people. The last round was a phone interview with VP of engineer.

Assistant Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Yahoo in June 2008.

Everything went well and great and nice people to work with there

Everything went well there was none

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Yahoo in March 2011.

Applied online, and then received phone interview from the recruiter within one week. They are looking for MBA, which I am not. So finally they declined my application because the skills do not fit the project.

Technical Yahoo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Yahoo in October 2009.

Interviews are quite technical, tele interview followed by on-site (at least 5 people). Good place to work with lots of benefits, however due to recession, company has not been very generous. no complains though.

Interview is really really technical, so make sure you know your subject well.

Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • use of optimized data structure to solve a algo problem   Answer Question

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!