Yahoo

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in June 2011.

Interview Details – I found the position on careers.yahoo.com and submitted my resume - I was called 2 days later.

Interview Question – What my five year career goals were.   Answer Question

Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Yahoo in January 2013.

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews with direct team members.

Interview Question – Asked how I would stack up against the current number one candidate.   View Answer

Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – Applied for job as a manager at Yahoo. The whole process is very very strange. I have never come across anything like the delays and lack of follow through like Yahoo. The recruiter who works for Yahoo is useless. Completed interview and heard nothing back! Really poor show. Not interested in working for a company like this. Has anyone else come up against this with Yahoo???

Interview Question – Dreadful delays. No follow through on the part of Yahoo   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Yahoo in December 2010.

Interview Details – It was walk in type on an invitation basis. I was short listed for the walk in. Initially I showed up assuming there was only one interview. After the first one, they asked me to stay back for another round. Then as the day progressed I realized that I'm going to be there for the entire day. The interviewers were a mix of technical people and senior management.

Interview Question – Technical questions involving coding and algorithm development including fundamentals of computer science, for a management position :)   View Answer

Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Yahoo in August 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone call was from the recruiter, and then went onsite for a 1-1 interviews with 4-5 different people. Each took around 30 mins. The interview was very standard questions - covering each section of the past experience, the new role, what kind of skill set they are looking for. The cultures within the company. The organization structure etc. Each interviewer will give you 5 mins or so to ask them questions. After the initial interview, move to the second round interview. Basically the same format but with different people.

Interview Question – What's your weakness/improvement areas?   Answer Question

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!