Yahoo Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

About 1 month after the career fair, HR contact me to schedule a phone interview. The guy interviewed me is a senior engineer at Yahoo. He did not ask about the project and ask me two algorithm quesitons. And both of them are very easy. It has been 2 weeks after the phone interview. I am still waiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• Determine whether there is a loop in a linked lisk. Find the head of the loop. The questions are quite easy, and I figure out and write down in 15 minutes. However, the HR did not contact me after the interview.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview. Then met with 4-5 of people in 1 day. It was pretty relaxed. They asked about some specific accounts and executions I had done in the past for advertisers.

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. Had an initial phone call with him and then was contacted by someone else setting up an in-person interview for the next week. The recruiter told me the job didn't have a specific job title yet (they were just looking for the perfect person regardless of experience level), but when the assistant set up the interview, she said it was for an associate editor and that was the only position they had available. Had the in-person interviews with two different people on the team – neither of whom it seemed like I would have worked with on a daily basis. One asked more technical and experiential questions, and the other seemed to be assessing my personality. The interviews went well and it seemed like I was more than qualified for the job, but I didn't hear back from either person, and when I followed up with the recruiter, he never responded to my email.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Seems like a pretty relaxed interview. Chatted about algorithms and coding with a software engineer. The whole interview seemed pretty chill with plenty of bathroom breaks and free food around the office. Overall, quite a pleasant experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview. First, I got contacted by a recruiter. Then I was scheduled to talk to 2 teams that were interested in me. I had 2 interviews separately from 2 different teams. I did not get any replies after that.

Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Never got the chance to talk to an engineer, but was given a 90 minute coding exercise that I had to do remotely and send in the code through e-mail. I can't say what the Android application was but I think if you know your Android sample apps and paging well (hint hint) you should do good. I did the application perfect when compared to the example, but was still rejected. Though, I also discovered I was up against people from MIT, GWU, and such while I went to a 200+ rank school, so considering how Yahoo is with universities, it seems to have been a no brainer.

Interview Questions

• only got to the android 90 min coding exercise where you have to make an application   2 Answers

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY).

Interview

Received phone call from HR Talent Acquisition as a follow-up on resume submission. Asked if I still held a vested interest in position after my resume was reviewed after being submitted via a Staffing Agency. Yes, I was still interested. Then two different in-person interviews. First with contact working in role I am applying for as well as their co-worker / counterpart. Next interview 2 days later was with two Managers I'd eventually report too - included a written test to assess writing skills, example of a client email communication re: content of a sensitive-nature, and ability to work with numbers by determining simple math problems (figuring percentages, etc.).

Negotiation

No negotiation; received offer over telephone within one week after second in-person interview. Accepted offer and salary on the spot as it was $15K over my current salary at the time for same type of position. Began working full-time 2-weeks later.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Contacted by University recruiter. Got phone interview within a week

Interview Questions

• There's only one coding question, which is about implementing peek() method in ArrayList iterator (get the value of next without moving iterator to next element). You can only use the next() method in the implementation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Dropped off my resume at a campus event. Got called for a phone interview about a month later. The interview was well scheduled and punctual, about 45 minutes. This was the initial phone screening and I was asked a couple of questions ranging from Systems to Algorithms, nothing too difficult. Definitely prepare for the questions since they expect you to and it's going to help you out massively.

Interview Questions

• Just a couple of binary tree algorithm questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

This is for an internal transfer, thus the process has been greatly simplified. Individually talked to 4 senior product managers from different teams. Was assessed based on my technical background, project management skills, communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to prioritize and manage schedule, and intuition to market offering and product features.

Interview Questions

• How will Google self-drive car change the public transit system if they are made available for general audience.   Answer Question