Yahoo

Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Manager Interview

Full day interview with 5 different people. Interviews were conducted one at a time in the same conference room. Didn't get the idea that interviewers prepared or coordinated their questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in March 2011.

1. Phone screen by the hiring manager 2. On-site with the hiring manager and a senior member of the team 3. An extended on-site with 3 members of the same team, 2 engineering managers and someone from product. 4. Another on-site with one more member of the team who could not make it to the 3rd round.

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Yahoo in December 2009.

Applied for new college grad position, through college. Had a telephone interview for 40-45 mins.
    2 weeks later on-site interview with 4 Project Managers for 4-5 hours. The interviewers were friendly, patient and co-operative.
    One more on-site interview, for 30+ minutes. This interviewer was strict and very intimidating. Shot quick questions and seemed disinterested in my answers.

Interview Questions
    • Innovative ideas on how to estimate amount of sand on a beach ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yahoo in March 2008.

Company seemed in the between the extremes of refocusing and out right chaos. There was a fair amount of hubris yet they seemed to be suffering from AGAD (Acute Google Anxiety Disorder). It was an 8 hr interview which in my opinion was about 7 hours too long.

I was difficult to know exactly what they were looking for as each person I interviewed with seemed to have a different view of the job requirements.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no questions that were tricky or difficult. The folks interviewing actually seemed to have problems with their interview approach and techniques.   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yahoo in February 2013.

Initial communication - mail communication - asked to send resume and answeres of few questions.
    Planned - Interview was rescheduled as the person who was supposed to take interview was working from home. I was waiting for call. When contacted - rescheduled for next day

Interview Questions
    • - It was intial screen interview- No difficult / unespected question.
      - Given a senerio and asked how you will set up a team?
      - Asked if worked in Agile or not - which was clearly mentioned in Resume
      - Asked about hands on experience
      - No questions on profile. Interview lasted for 10-12 mins only .
      - At end I asked question about required job details -got brief answer. Asked related 2nd question - no answer and interview was closed.
        Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Yahoo in September 2010.

First stage was HR interview over the phone going over your CV and soft skills.
    Second stage was Phone interview with the hiring manager talking about past experiance and relevant skills for thefuture position.
    Third stage was 1:1 interview with hiring manager, 2 team members and operations director. each interview was face to face and lasted 45 minutes. all on the same day so total of about 2-3 hours.

People were very nice and friendly. it was more of a conversation about past experiance and project management skills. some technical questions but not very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with difficult team member?   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in January 2010.

There were several phone interviews prior to a determination to move forward with a flight to Sunnyvale. I had 6 phone interviews and at the last moment the 7th phone interview was cancelled.

I found the feedback from the Recruiter was perplexing.

Interview Questions
    • Which location do I would I prefer to relocate   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in February 2008.

Had a couple of phone interviews before proceeding to on-site interview. At on-site met with about 12 different people over a period of 2 weeks from a variety of departments i.e. product, engineering, finance, partner management etc. Everyone was pleasant to talk to and posed some very interesting questions

Interview Questions
    • What would you optimize for and why for the given triangle of product where you can only get two edges i.e. quality, fast, expensive   Answer Question