Yahoo

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in March 2011.

Interview Details – 1. Phone screen by the hiring manager 2. On-site with the hiring manager and a senior member of the team 3. An extended on-site with 3 members of the same team, 2 engineering managers and someone from product. 4. Another on-site with one more member of the team who could not make it to the 3rd round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Yahoo in December 2009.

Interview Details – Applied for new college grad position, through college. Had a telephone interview for 40-45 mins.
2 weeks later on-site interview with 4 Project Managers for 4-5 hours. The interviewers were friendly, patient and co-operative.
One more on-site interview, for 30+ minutes. This interviewer was strict and very intimidating. Shot quick questions and seemed disinterested in my answers.

Interview Question – Innovative ideas on how to estimate amount of sand on a beach ?   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yahoo in March 2008.

Interview Details – Company seemed in the between the extremes of refocusing and out right chaos. There was a fair amount of hubris yet they seemed to be suffering from AGAD (Acute Google Anxiety Disorder). It was an 8 hr interview which in my opinion was about 7 hours too long.

I was difficult to know exactly what they were looking for as each person I interviewed with seemed to have a different view of the job requirements.

Interview Question – There were really no questions that were tricky or difficult. The folks interviewing actually seemed to have problems with their interview approach and techniques.   View Answer

Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Yahoo in February 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication - mail communication - asked to send resume and answeres of few questions.
Planned - Interview was rescheduled as the person who was supposed to take interview was working from home. I was waiting for call. When contacted - rescheduled for next day

Interview Question – - It was intial screen interview- No difficult / unespected question.
- Given a senerio and asked how you will set up a team?
- Asked if worked in Agile or not - which was clearly mentioned in Resume
- Asked about hands on experience
- No questions on profile. Interview lasted for 10-12 mins only .
- At end I asked question about required job details -got brief answer. Asked related 2nd question - no answer and interview was closed.
  Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Yahoo in September 2010.

Interview Details – First stage was HR interview over the phone going over your CV and soft skills.
Second stage was Phone interview with the hiring manager talking about past experiance and relevant skills for thefuture position.
Third stage was 1:1 interview with hiring manager, 2 team members and operations director. each interview was face to face and lasted 45 minutes. all on the same day so total of about 2-3 hours.

People were very nice and friendly. it was more of a conversation about past experiance and project management skills. some technical questions but not very difficult.

Interview Question – How do you deal with difficult team member?   View Answer

Program Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in February 2008.

Interview Details – Had a couple of phone interviews before proceeding to on-site interview. At on-site met with about 12 different people over a period of 2 weeks from a variety of departments i.e. product, engineering, finance, partner management etc. Everyone was pleasant to talk to and posed some very interesting questions

Interview Question – What would you optimize for and why for the given triangle of product where you can only get two edges i.e. quality, fast, expensive   Answer Question

Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in January 2010.

Interview Details – There were several phone interviews prior to a determination to move forward with a flight to Sunnyvale. I had 6 phone interviews and at the last moment the 7th phone interview was cancelled.

I found the feedback from the Recruiter was perplexing.

Interview Question – Which location do I would I prefer to relocate   View Answer

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!