Yahoo QA Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yahoo (San Jose, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Highly technical, object oriented question, programming skills were tested.

Interview Questions

• What are virtual constructors in C++ ?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

The position was for a Software Engineer in QA. It was a contract position for 1 year at Yahoo!'s office at Champaign, IL . I was contacted by a team member directly and was asked basic job experience questions. Next I was called on-site where the entire team interviewed me. Five interviews of 45 mins each. Questions tested my Perl and database skills. Some questions related to QA. Got an offer within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Explain the QA cycle. I found this difficult since I did I am still in school with non QA experience.   Answer Question
    • What is pine? What is pico ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Very professional. Initial phone screen was quite easy - few questions about data structures and algorithm fundamentals. The on-site process included four 1:1 interviews broken down into categories such as Networks, DS & Algorithms, Testing, and Databases/General Concepts. Be prepared to write some code.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a database for a company to store employee information? How would you test this design?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

first call was the general call from the HR..
    second call was from some hiring manager ..

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

I had a phone interview where it was completely about the previous QA Experience.
    Later I had an interview which had questions from Java, Database,XML, X-Query, HTTP protocol.
    Then it was in person interview where I happen to meet with 4 persons and each one interviewed for about 45 minutes, everyone was good and each had different questions. I really felt kind of worthful questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain HTTP Get and POST. What is the difference, which one is safe to use?   1 Answer
    • Write code to reverse a linked list? ( do not use libraries like stack)   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in March 2007.

Interview

The hiring manager called me asked general questions regarding my current experience , then started asking about some testing concepts. The a week later I was called for onsite interview, by 5 people I think. Each person will ask different area of questions like QA experience, Programming, Database, Linux skill. One interviewer came with the laptop and I could use his laptop to perform some basic web programming to demonstrate the QA areas. I was surprise I wasn't asked to do any programming demo live, it was all about concepts , methodologies.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • Please describe about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate but the HR kept saying this is the max they could offer, I did not response to the offer for a while and there were no word from HR as well. In the end , decided to take it.