Yahoo Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Mar 22, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yahoo in February 2015.

Applied for summer internship at my college career fair. Scheduled an on-site interview the next week. The process was 1-on-1 interview with a Yahoo software engineer. Asked about most features of my most comfortable language (which is Java), and then straight onto coding questions.

Interview Questions
    • How to convert a binary search tree into an ordered doubly liked list?   Answer Question
    • How to find out the second most frequent number given an array of integers.   Answer Question

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Yahoo in April 2014.

got a call from recruiter, than got a call from a QA manual tester who was trying to ask questions about automation. Since that guy has no idea what he's talking about the quality of these questions was the same

Interview Questions
    • hate when people don't share results and don't answer on emails   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in November 2013.

I got the onsite interview from career fair.. there are 3 rounds and 45 min each...

Interview Questions
    • the first round and the third one are basic data structures and algorithms questions. Like find the biggest kth number in an array.. But the second round asked a lot of database and operating system questions which I did not prepare...   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yahoo in July 2013.

online application and received email from one of the teams in Y! setup a tech phone screen with engineer. very efficient communication. Got an email saying they need a second phone screen, but one day later they asked me to go onsite instead.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. But a lot of very basic questions The coding problem is a permutation with some specific tricks.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yahoo in January 2012.

It was a telephone interview. A basic get to know you/what are your skills interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yahoo in June 2011.

It was very simple,
    I was asked to crack one skill test on skillexam.com, And that was the main phase of the interview. After that they called me for interview as my marks were very good and 'skillexam' is not an easy skill test. And that round was only negotiation round they didn't asked technical questions to me! simply I got oppointment letter after 10 working days and still I am working in Yahoo, CA.

Interview Questions
    • all questions were descriptive now I don't remember but you may find it on skillexam.com.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Yahoo in June 2010.

Interviewed with another member of the team via phone. Was able to cover most of the language questions without too much difficulty, but then began to trip on questions about design patterns and specific algorithms. Unfortunately most of the jobs that I've had have been pretty elementary in terms of code design and usage, and so I was less prepared for that than I should have been. Did not get a request for a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are the differences between a linked list and an array?   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between passing by reference and passing by value?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yahoo in February 2010.

The worst interview I ever had was for a web developer position with Yahoo! I was interviewed by a team of arrogant web developers. None of the people who interviewed me had any people skills. They basically interviewed me one-on-one, one right after the other. They bombarded me with questions that you could tell they were working on solving at the moment, and when I couldn't answer them on-the-fly without researching the problem and searching the Internet for solutions, they showed me out the door as if I had wasted their time.

Interview Questions
    • Database case study problem and object-oriented JavaScript questions.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in August 2009.

Yahoo! came to my university to recruit, and my first interview was on campus. They flew me up a week later to their headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA and I had 4 interviews each 30 minutes. They responded within 2 days of the interview that I received an offer. Recruiting was fast and efficient.

Interview Questions
    • How does Yahoo! make money? Name 4 ways.   View Answer

Web Operations Engineering Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yahoo in March 2008.

Very smooth and well coordinated interview process, and very informative on-boarding.

Interview Questions
    • Complex scripting question with many factors, to be whiteboarded on the spot.   View Answer
    Salary negotiations were fair and professional.