Yahoo

www.yahoo.com

Yahoo Software Developer Intern Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Intern Interview

Submitted my resume at University Career Fair and then got an interview 2 weeks later. 2 phone screens with coding on collabedit. Finally the HR said that the interviews went well and then they were going to move on with hiring after they got approval from the CEO. After two weeks, they said they were no longer going to move on with the process. It was a very messy process and I wasn't oven any reason for why this happened

Interview Questions
  • Write a function which accepts 3 parameters : the tree, and two values.
    From there find the nearest common ancestor to the two values.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Yahoo.

One sentence summary: nice pay, terrible experience

I met Yahoo at campus career fair and applied through Yahoo career on November, 2013 and the whole process took 3 months. The first phone interview came in two weeks from application. The feedback was positive and the second interview was arranged quickly. So far, so nice -- but the interviewer didn't call me at the appointed time, TWICE!

A month later, I took the second phone interview and again the feedback was positive. Then I started to wait. After winter break, I received a phone call from the HR, saying my application is submitted to the hiring committee for final review. The HR said that I would get a response in a week, which actually took 3 weeks, during which the HR didn't respond to my email.

The official offer finally came a week ago but I have only one week to decide. Although it's against our school's job policy, I can understand. However, I have other ongoing interviews so I tried to contact the HR for an response deadline extension. Sent 2 mails, made 2 calls, and nobody responded. At least they can tell me they can't.

To be frank, the salary is nice - probably among the top tier I've ever heard of. But the HR is never responsive and turns the whole process a terrible memory.

Interview Questions
    • Implement getElementsByClassName in plain JavaScript. Must support old browsers (so you cannot use latest API like .classList).   View Answer

Software Development Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo.

Talked to a really nice database backend engineering during a college career fair. He immediately gave me an interview slot for the next day. For the interview, I came in and the interviewer talked about himself a little bit. And then he gave me a question about full/complete binary trees and a brain teaser. They were easy questions but I was extremely tired at the time. He told me later to be less nervous!

Interview Questions
    • You have 10 jars, each filled with many marbles. Each marble weighs exactly 1.0 grams. One of the jars is a bad batch meaning each marble inside weighs 1.1 grams instead of 1.0 grams. You have a scale that will give you back a number of how much things weigh on it. Using only one measurement, determine how would you be able to find the bad batch   View Answer

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo.

First phone interview included a straightforward question about arrays that I thought I completed pretty well. I was invited to a second phone interview, but three days after giving them my availability and getting no response, they sent me a decline email without even giving me the second interview, which I thought was pretty surprising since no company has ever done that to me before.