Yahoo

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yahoo in February 2013.

After an initial phone interview with a senior executive , I had an onsite interview in Sunnyvale. The onsite interview process had 4 rounds in all, taking about a little over half of a day.
The process was relatively straight forward however the hiring manager or the recruiter involved had mixed things up quite a bit, the interviewers themselves were not aware of who they are to interview, I was getting calls from all over Yahoo all the time and for a phone interview even on the day and after the onsite interview.

The overall experience was just ok with some irritating interview rounds.
One of the interviewers who I had a chat with during the onsite interview had no idea what he was talking about. He was not able to anticipate potential performance bottlenecks in the solution that he had asked me to come up with, i.e. even when what I offered was a rather failsafe and designed for change solution, he wanted a rather mundane easy solution that any school kid knowing some java syntax can also do, so there did not appear an appreciation of 'engineering' talent in the process.

Interview Questions
  • nonthing really the questions very very straightforward however one round in particlular during the onsite interview was very irritating   Answer Question

After going through the interview process I did not like the place and the attitude of one of the interviewers. It just did not feel like a right fit to me and not a place where my skills would be appreciated