Yahoo Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014

3.2

111 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo.

I went to my university job fair and talked to Yahoo recruiter. They were interviewing people the next day and decided to give me a chance. I did not make it through the interview tho because I did a bad job and did not really have enough time to get prepared.

Interview Questions
  • Combine two lists of Object with different size into one   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Software Engineer Interview

Submit my resume on a career fair. Got a technical phone interview after 2 months. the questions are about data structure and algorithm. e.g. class of tree in C++. and a coding questions concerning tree traversal DFS and BFS.

Other competing offer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in September 2014.

I received an email from the Corporate Connection of my college about Yahoo is hiring. I submitted my resume by replying to the email and got a phone interview the next day. Got the onsite interview in less than a week after the phone interview. The onsite interview was 6 hours long and free lunch was provided. Each interview section last about an hour, and it's either 1-1 or 1-2 but always only one person asking.

Interview Questions
    • Got database query questions and Unix commands questions which I don't quite remember   View Answer

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Yahoo.

On compus career fair, talked to recruiter about the courses and projects
    Two months later got phone interview notification, then after a long time got scheduled exact phone interview to data&ads team.
    In the phone interview, it's just some simple questions. In the 45 minutes talk, first talked about resume projects, then several basic java questions and data structure programming problems.

Interview Questions
    • Something about how to optimize the programming solution if the memory is limited   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Had 1 phone screen then invited to onsite. I felt that Interviewers are not interested in interviewing candidates. Some interviewers told me that he is not sure what to ask as he does not work in the team I was interviewing. worst HR and worst interview process.I was interviewed for back end position but one interviewer was asking front end questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Yahoo in June 2014.

I have only done the phone screening of which I found the engineer to be very polite. He asked me the difference between an array and a linked list. He also asked me two technical questions

Interview Questions
    • Find the least common ancestor in a tree where each node points to it's parent.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

interviewed at Yahoo in April 2014.

I had two phone screens. The first phone screen consisted of coding questions (how to print a singly linked list backwards) and the second phone screen was a conversation with the hiring mgr in which we talked about past projects I have worked on. These phone screens occurred over the course of 2 weeks. Next I was invited on site to speak with 4 people.

After 2 weeks I was told that I was not selected for the position.

Software Engineer Interview

It is a campus interview, i received the email days after the campus career fair. just went to their office and two interviewer asked me some questions about database, relations, searing, and also some basic algorithms, definitions of PHP stuff...

Interview Questions
    • ask me to do the coding on the laptop/white board. real problem, not simple definition questions. you have to write to type,   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in February 2014.

Contacted by a hiring manager about an interview. The next week I had a technical phone interview.
    Questions:
    1. List all permutations of a string. E.g.; If you're given abc, the output should be abc, acb, bca, bac, cab, cba.
    2. Fibonacci series - both recursively and iteratively. Tell me which one is better in terms of memory and speed of execution.
    Did not hear back from them even after a month.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo.

ask me a question -- clone graph and how to implement hash map

Interview Questions
    • implement the hash map and using linked list to solve the conflict   View Answer