Yahoo

www.yahoo.com

Yahoo Software Intern Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in February 2014.

Applied online after talking to recruiter at career fair; got contacted within a few days. Had phone interviews with two groups (2 rounds each). The interviews mainly consisted of coding on Collabedit. After each interview I was contacted within a few days for the next steps. My first-round interviews went pretty smoothly, but for my second round interviews I got an interviewer who asked me a few questions I couldn't answer, and we never made it to the coding round and he basically just cut the interview short at 10 minutes without really giving me a chance, which I found kind of off-putting. The other group's second-round wen't smoothly, and I got contacted with an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing really that unexpected, just some questions on data structures and algorithms   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Software Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo in February 2014.

met them at campus career fair. emailed me that night for on campus interview next day.

30 minutes, informal. couple of questions about my previous experience, and then 2 coding questions. got both right.

HR was slow, and I just got a no even though I thought I did really well, especially since I answered both questions right.

Software Intern Interview

I was first given a phone screening. It was very hard to hear the speaker and many Java related questions when I told him my forte was C++. There was noise in the background and an accent to try to understand. Sub par experience overall. I was noted within a couple days their decision through email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yahoo in March 2012.

I got call form the manager & he scheduled the interview.
    Interview was a Telephonic & they asked me questions on Automtion tool QTP, java ,SQL & a question on problem solving skills.
    QTP-about OR, different types of OR & their differences advantages & disadvantages,How to connect to Databse using QTP, how identify different objects with same properties.how to find 10 butttons with smae name on a webpage.When to use descriptive programming & how to write DP.
    Find 2 highest salary in an EMp table and some basic queries.

Interview Questions
    • how to uniquely identify multiple objects having same properties   View Answer