Yahoo

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software QA Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in July 2014.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of phone interviews + 1:1 onsite.
every phone interview even onsite, recruiter keeping asking how much time you put to coding. I honestly answered that question (as I am working for smaller company, it is project based, we have to do everything from end to end, so I said 50%-60% time for coding )

Interview Question – binary search tree, sorting, API, some SQL like questions (they are not using SQL)   View Answer

Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Yahoo in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired as an intern and was converted to full time based on performance. Phone interviews for new college grad are fairly tough. Now, when I look back, I feel like those questions were very basic; but at that stage of my career, they were good questions

Interview Question – Some complex DB query requiring multiple joins (don't remember exactly)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation happened in my case since I was hired as an intern and they were paying fixed hourly amount

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yahoo in September 2009.

Interview Details – the inverviewer was a technical hiring manager. Unfortunately, I was thinking the first phone interview should be a HR guy. Therefore, I am a little surprised when the guy started to throw technical questions on me.
The technical questions are not hard. It involves Selenium, Hudson, Test Framework, Interface and Localization.
I am a little nervous. So, did not perform very well. Should have more practice and preparation.

Interview Question – what is your experience on Hudson   Answer Question

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!