Yahoo

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in November 2014.

Received email from Yahoo for phone interview. With conformed day and time. After 30 min wait for call, received email she asked for reschedule. And it continues this way 4 times. Finally she called me on 5th attempt. She talked all the time, much more than me...

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Software QA Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in July 2014.

3 rounds of phone interviews + 1:1 onsite.
    every phone interview even onsite, recruiter keeping asking how much time you put to coding. I honestly answered that question (as I am working for smaller company, it is project based, we have to do everything from end to end, so I said 50%-60% time for coding )

Interview Questions
    • binary search tree, sorting, API, some SQL like questions (they are not using SQL)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yahoo in March 2010.

I was hired as an intern and was converted to full time based on performance. Phone interviews for new college grad are fairly tough. Now, when I look back, I feel like those questions were very basic; but at that stage of my career, they were good questions

Interview Questions
    • Some complex DB query requiring multiple joins (don't remember exactly)   Answer Question
    No negotiation happened in my case since I was hired as an intern and they were paying fixed hourly amount

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yahoo in September 2009.

the inverviewer was a technical hiring manager. Unfortunately, I was thinking the first phone interview should be a HR guy. Therefore, I am a little surprised when the guy started to throw technical questions on me.
    The technical questions are not hard. It involves Selenium, Hudson, Test Framework, Interface and Localization.
    I am a little nervous. So, did not perform very well. Should have more practice and preparation.