Yahoo Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2014
Updated Jul 14, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software QA Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in July 2014.

3 rounds of phone interviews + 1:1 onsite.
every phone interview even onsite, recruiter keeping asking how much time you put to coding. I honestly answered that question (as I am working for smaller company, it is project based, we have to do everything from end to end, so I said 50%-60% time for coding )

Interview Questions
  • binary search tree, sorting, API, some SQL like questions (they are not using SQL)   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yahoo in March 2010.

I was hired as an intern and was converted to full time based on performance. Phone interviews for new college grad are fairly tough. Now, when I look back, I feel like those questions were very basic; but at that stage of my career, they were good questions

Interview Questions
    • Some complex DB query requiring multiple joins (don't remember exactly)   Answer Question
    No negotiation happened in my case since I was hired as an intern and they were paying fixed hourly amount

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yahoo in September 2009.

the inverviewer was a technical hiring manager. Unfortunately, I was thinking the first phone interview should be a HR guy. Therefore, I am a little surprised when the guy started to throw technical questions on me.
    The technical questions are not hard. It involves Selenium, Hudson, Test Framework, Interface and Localization.
    I am a little nervous. So, did not perform very well. Should have more practice and preparation.