Yahoo Interview Questions & Reviews in Sunnyvale, CA

2.9

165 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

PHP Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

The interview process was very smooth and nice. All the interviewers where very friendly.
    I had a phone screen interview and then in a week an on-site interview that consisted of 5 rounds. Then a last follow up interview in the phone two days later.

Interview Questions
    I received a call from a person on yahoo saying that the team that interviewed me decided to move forward with me. I am still waiting for the formal offer documents.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in October 2013.

Dropped my resume at the campus career fair and got invited to dinner in the same day by the recruiting team. At dinner I talked to a group manager who was very interested in my PhD work. A week later I was invited to on-site interviews, no phone screening. Three on-site with three different groups. Regular interview coding questions except may be for one interview where the interviewer asked me how to design a large scale website (in the scale of Twitter). It took them about weeks to get back to me with an offer.

Interview Questions
    I had another offer so I was able to negotiate the salary and signing bonus

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Yahoo in September 2013.

Applied online. Your typical 3 rounds of interviews total. Phone, followed by 2 in house interviews. Team and work environment seems friendly and nice.

However, interview process was extremely long and they never make their decision deadline. They always make up excuses for why the process is delayed and why they need more time. Interview process took close to 3 months now and according to them I am at the committee review final stage. However, its been almost 3 weeks since they told me that and a decision is still not out. They will constantly tell you that you are their top candidate to keep you from dropping out but don't trust them. I had other pending offers that I gave up for Yahoo and I deeply regret not taking them now.

Will not interview with them again. Don't trust HR's words, and take your other offers when you have the chance.

Interview Questions
    • Many system design questions. Nothing difficult or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Yahoo in August 2013.

applied through career website, had phone interview one month after.
    Asked about resume related questions, on that day invited to onsite interview.
    Onsite interview was 4round technical interview.
    After 2 month from onsite interview, I hear nothing from my recruiter, don't answer the email .
    Don't know what happened.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Yahoo in January 2012.

Was referred by manager at Yahoo! and avoided the formal interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What methods do you use to help better manage your time?   Answer Question
    None

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Yahoo in January 2013.

I was called on the phone and asked about an hour worth of questions. They were not too specific. Then the following week I answered some technical questions online with the interviewer. Two weeks following I was asked to come onsite to interview with the engineering staff.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program that prints the numbers 1-100, but for numbers that are multiples of 3 print "Fizz" and for numbers that are multiples of 5 print "Buzz". For numbers that are multiples of 3 and 5 print "FizzBuzz".   View Answer

Backend Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

spent an afternoon with 4 people. they are pretty nice though. most of the question are about algorithm and data structure. some of the questions are about operating system. One cons is that they only offer one night free hotel, which means you probably need to prepare for a over night plane either on the way to come to CA or leave CA.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Yahoo.

I was interviewed for multiple positions. The process was fairly lengthy-just about 90 days from contact with the in-house recruiting team until finally being told that I was not selected. During that time I had multiple interviews with a wide variety of people, and four things became very clear:

1) They are working hard to reinvent themselves, and Marissa Mayer's name is on everybody's lips. To the point where I kept trying to think where I had met this person everybody kept referring to so casually but earnestly by first name, as if they had just been talking out in the hallway or I had met her in an early conversation and should have remembered what she said.
    2) They are very middle-management heavy. I met multiple Directors and VPs without having a good clear sense of how they all roll up.
    3) If you don't already have a Silicon Valley pedigree, you're probably not going to be seen as a good "culture" fit. Which is both understandable (any hire that raises eyebrows right now is high-risk) and very frustrating.
    4) There is a pretty high chaos/newbee factor. Many of the people I spoke with were themselves very new to Yahoo, and there seemed to be a lot of job-switching and task handoffs along the way for those who had only been there for a few years.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe how you've had to get consensus with a group"   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview process was good. It was back to back meeting for 5 hour stretch with multiple managers. The interviewers were good and were open to answer direct questions on where Yahoo is heading. It was more of open discussions where the discussion helps to understand how you are a good fit and whether Yahoo looks like a place where you would like to world.

Interview Questions
    • Situation based question on how to deal with different characters who do not give buy-in on projects   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Yahoo.

Approached me through linkedin. Hiring takes almost 5-6 months and there are 8-9 interview rounds. 2 on call interviews with programming on shared application and 6 onsite rounds.
    It took almost a month or so for evaluation and all. Seems they evaluate too many candidates for the same position. The allocation of the position/title might varies based on the position and budget available in the project. Recruiter comeback with feedback from Hiring manager and other folks who has interviewed and contact us for a salary number. If we are not satisfied, then we can ask him to change/compete based on the market rate.

Interview Questions
    • I dont find any unexpected questions. Lots of companies waste their time in interview process and hires a bad candidates. All algorithms and they are straight forward.   View Answer
    It is ok. Not bad not good.