Yahoo

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – The interview process consists of two rounds, For me, both were technical round. The first one was about general technical knowledge(Java classes,functions,javascript etc), and in the second interview, the interviewer went into the details of data structures. I did not get the offer because I had not prepared so well.

Interview Question – If I have large data on server (in GB's) and want to sort it on client side without storing. what would I do   View Answer

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Yahoo in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially scheduled for two phone interviews and both the interviewers were very nice and helpful through the process. One of the interviewers had me code some Java library functions on collabedit and asked me some basic questions on java. The second interview continued with more questions on java but also touched on internet protocols and data structures questions. He didnt make me do any questions on collabedit but I had to walk him through the process of an answer for the data structures questions.

I had a third and final interview a couple of weeks later with the team I wanted to be paired with (the mobile team). Here, he tested my coding and knowledge about Android. Overall, it was more of a conversation rather than an intense interview.

Interview Question – Name the four major aspects of the Android Mobile Platform.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as I got a much higher salary

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Yahoo in March 2013.

Interview Details – I met an employee at a career fair and I was asked some technical questions on the spot. I did horribly but a week or so later I was contacted by a recruiter. There were two really easy phone interviews. Mostly basic coding stuff, linux environment, etc... The process was a little bit disorganized, I wasn't asked to schedule my second interview, my interviewer called me in the middle of a class.

Interview Question – Binary search question (no coding)   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Technical Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews

Interview Question – Questions about linux which I am not that familiar with.   Answer Question

Technical Intern

Interview Details – Dropped off a resume at college career fair, was contacted by recruiter a couple of days later for an initial phone interview. Phone interview went well and was contacted by the recruiter a few minutes later saying I have another phone interview after which a decision on my application would be made. Had this interview a few days later, and didn't hear back for 3 weeks, despite multiple emails sent to recruiter regarding an offer deadline from another company.

Then, got an response from a different recruiter saying the original recruiter had left the company, and they were trying to "figure out who I interviewed with". I gave them all the information including confirmation emails of the two interviews. Turns out they decided to start me from scratch, and I went through some phone screens, which went very well. Meanwhile, couple of other offer deadlines rolled in so I contacted the recruiter to find out when I can expect to hear back. Three of my emails have been ignored and it's been 3 weeks since the reboot.

Overall, a 7 week long painful process since my first communication with a recruiter, still haven't heard back. HR doesn't seem to care. Don't interview with this company, there are plenty of other companies including startups, in the bay area, that care more about their interns and have an easier recruiting process.

I do not intend to work at this company even if I get an offer.

Interview Question – Mostly trivial questions involving finding duplicate numbers in an array of integers, was also asked to "name some data structures" and in general talk about stuff on my resume.   View Answer

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!