Yahoo Technical Writer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2015

2.0

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by HR. Conducted a 30-minute phone screen with Senior Technical Writer. He seemed enthusiastic to have me come in for an in-person interview. No response - from anybody, including HR. No call backs, emails, or any form of communication. Dead air. Nothing, despite various attempts to contact them. Highly unprofessional. The process died prematurely with no explanation. Frankly, the company is failing, and their star of relevance has faded long ago. I'm happy I didn't move forward with them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

One phone interview with recruiter. One phone interview with hiring manager. One onsite interview with seven people, 45 minutes each. Every interviewer was friendly and informative. No "brain teaser" type questions. Each person used the entire 45 minutes. Provided lunch, but also had a more casual interview over lunch. Brought a portfolio, but no one asked to see it.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2009.

Interview

Asked about my knowledge and opinion of Yahoo! Products. How I am able to improve the product messsage.

Interview Questions

• How will your writing be better than what we already have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered 50k to start. I asked for 54k, and it was accepted.