Yahoo Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted via LinkedIn by an in house recruiter. Only had the initial phone interview currently and waiting to hear about any possible next stages. Was asked 20 questions about varied subjects ranging from what various acronyms stood for such as HTTP to when is it appropriate to use a button vs an anchor link. Was asked some more maths type questions with a particular focus on probability. These were considerably more difficult

Interview Questions

• You have a bag containing an unlimited amount of tennis balls and five boxes which you are trying to throw then into. For every throw you are guaranteed to get a ball in one box. What is the minimum probability of getting 11 balls in any one box.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

There are three parts. 1. Write code based on a design (actually more like complete the code) 2. Take a test with SQL, Math and Programming questions 3. Discuss your code written at 1 with a Senior Programmer and the Hiring Manager.

Even though I had to travel by bus for two hours, there was no reimbursement.

They seemed utterly confused and disorganised as I was trying to reach the recruiter for 10 days. They certainly do not justify their name and I won't apply there again.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just a difficulty to stay on the same track with the interviewers as they were asking for something different than what was written at the coding description. They probably need to rewrite that description.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Very charismatic and welcoming people. No difficult questions.

Interview Questions

Interview

3 interview steps:
    Over the phone where you will go over your CV
    Interview with two yahoo's employees, basic interviews
    Interview with 2 yahoo's managers, basic interviews

The process is quit long (between 2 and 4 weeks to get an answer after every steps)

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Just got an email from an HR representative to schedule a phone interview. The phone call took 40 mins and I was asked general questions about my current role and experience, as well as math and questions related to the advertising industry. Some of the questions are a bit naive...

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Yahoo in August 2013.

Interview

I learnt about the opening at a tech event. I applied via e-mail. They replied asking about my current job situation. I answered comprehensively and they never got back to me. I tried a follow up e-mail and still nothing. Very rude from them.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently working in several jobs at the same time?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with recruiter, scheduled face-to-face interview with hiring manager and one director.
    Asked standard interview questions and discussed the industry a bit, interview went really well and invited for second stage interviews with a director and another manager. Again went really well.
    Got positive feedback from all, and was told they will be preparing an offer.
    I was then, to my astonishment, told that the position has been cancelled due to headcount review.

Advertising Operations (Junior) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, interview with associates and final interview with senior team members.
    Very nice ad team in London, however the HR department is just badly organised.

Interview Questions

• Many situation based questions i.e. tell me a situation where you made a wrong decision, the right decision.   Answer Question

Custom Brand Experiences Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

I got a fast response from Yahoo after I applied for this position. They called me on Friday to arrange a telephone interview on Monday. I checked the interviewer's LinkIn profile and found out she was an inter HR that made me a bit concerned. The interview took place and the interviewer was nice, the questions were simple and standard. However I found it difficult to catch her English because she was clearly not British. I became a bit nervous after asking her to repeat her questions a few times. Also I can feel that she was getting frustrated. The interview did not go very smooth towards the end.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in September 2010.

Interview

First stage was HR interview over the phone going over your CV and soft skills.
    Second stage was Phone interview with the hiring manager talking about past experiance and relevant skills for thefuture position.
    Third stage was 1:1 interview with hiring manager, 2 team members and operations director. each interview was face to face and lasted 45 minutes. all on the same day so total of about 2-3 hours.

People were very nice and friendly. it was more of a conversation about past experiance and project management skills. some technical questions but not very difficult.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult team member?   1 Answer