Yale-New Haven Hospital

6 candidate interviews

Science Interview

Science
New Haven, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Yale-New Haven Hospital in December 2010.

Interview Details – It took couple of emails to get a reply but once the communication was established everything happened rapidly and I was able to decide if I wanna join the place right away. The people were friendly, the office staff were efficient and they were very welcoming to all.

Interview Question – What do you want to get out of this job?   Answer Question

Health Care Tech Interview

Health Care Tech
New Haven, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yale-New Haven Hospital in June 2010.

Interview Details – Took a long time for human resources to set up interview and then call with positive feedback and job offer once the decision was made. But overall, very informative, had a packet of information available to me with all that was offered - union information helped, also.

Reason for Declining – Parking was too costly and was not covered by employer.

Referral Representative Interview

Referral Representative
New Haven, CT

I applied online - interviewed at Yale-New Haven Hospital in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and one month later I received a phone call for an interview. On interview day I was given a personality test that took about a half hour. The HR rep that was to interview me was nowhere to be found as I was told but I remember seeing her when I was taking the test so my guess was that she didn't want to speak to me. So I was taken to the department where I applied to interview. Had a nice long interview with the supervisor who then had me briefly meet the manager. Later that day I was called for a second interview that was scheduled for 2 weeks later. Went to my second interview and met with the Director, nice meeting then they had me meet with the manager of the location that I would work at but she was not a person that I would report too, her problem with me was that I was in still in school and that I would not be able to work the shift that they were hiring about. I assured her that classes were almost over and that I am sure that by the time I was hire and trained that classes would have been completed and ready to work the assigned shift. Two weeks later I received an email stating that they hired someone that meets departmental needs. I was floored, I had 10 years experience that everyone I met liked and I had the education.

Interview Question – Can you tell me what the difference between Physical therapy and Occupational therapy?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied online and interviewed at Yale-New Haven Hospital.

Interview Details – The interview was fair. I interviewed with HR and then the managers on the floor. There were some questions I was prepared for and some I wasn't. Overall, it was a professional and well conducted interview.

Billing Interview

Billing

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yale-New Haven Hospital in March 2011.

Interview Details – Met with hr first who interviewed me with general questions about past employment. Asked about education and why i wanted this position and what my goals were. The same day i met with the manager of that department who briefly asked me about my resume then had me take a test reagrding my skills for the posistion. After that they conducted a background check and referrences. Still in the process so im still waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – All questions were basic....   View Answer

Business Associate Interview

Business Associate

Interviewed at Yale-New Haven Hospital

Interview Details – Very professional Human Resources Department. Friendly and informative.

Interview Question – What is your weakest quality, the thing you like least about the way you work?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Yale-New Haven Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Yale-New Haven Hospital Videos

Yale-New Haven Hospital – Why Work for Us?

About Yale-New Haven Hospital Yale-New Haven Hospital (YNHH) is a non-profit, 1,541-bed tertiary medical center receiving national and international referrals. Yale-New Haven Hospital includes Smilow Cancer Hospital… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yale-New Haven Hospital interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Yale-New Haven Hospital employees and interview candidates.