Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Yamaha
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Product Analyst (1)
- Senior Officer- Sales and Marketing (1)
- Spec, CS Applications (1)
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yamaha (Buena Park, CA) in August 2015.
First there is an informal interview process from HR it is short and to the point. Then if HR is satisfied (not very hard for most people), then you are called for an in-person interview. The interview is a 2 phase interview. One with HR an one with the hiring manager panel.
- HR (1:1): Ask the standard what would make you a good candidate for the position, things you hated about previous positions, etc. Answer Question
- Hiring Manager (Panel): This is more a weeding out type lineup. IMO shorter answers would be better as they took my long answers and if I aid something iffy they turn around an crucified me for it (then said everything is OK). They do have a laptop up and they ask questions on any topic you are suppose to be familiar with until you get something wrong. Since the position requires simple knowledge of home electronic components it seemed like going hyper technical was just to see were you good of. Be sure to know how to answer: - Network questions - Questions about Yamaha's MusicCast vs Airplay vs Google Cast - Also how to connect a consumer AV system to a Yamaha Receiver (game system, screens, computer, disc player, etc..) - Would also help to know about Yamaha's AV products Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Yamaha (Newnan, GA) in April 2009.
Began through a temp agency. Interview for permanent was pretty simple
- Obstacle you had to deal with on another job and how handled Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yamaha (Panamá (Panama)) in August 2011.
a recruiter call me and make me two different interview in differents days and then, send me a direction for a personal interview with managers and the president of the company. The interview was in english and spanish and told then my skils, as musician, marketing, sales, logistic and administration I have.
- If I can travel? and said yes! Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yamaha (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2011.
Simple one round of interview with HR and then second with GM and MD of the company (GM and MD were Japanese guys) HR is an Indian but speaks Japanese too
- Not difficult but unexpected thing that they asked me to play guitar for a sales and marketing job. They don't have any knowledge but they ask you "how do u work", if you are from a competitor's firm Answer Question
They negotiated hard and fought for even 20,000 rupees annually
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review