Yankee Candle Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2014

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Yankee Candle.

I applied online. It took couple weeks for the hiring manager to call me. I missed the call and immediately called back only to respond that I couldn't make it to their interview day. They said they'll call back within the next two days. It had been a week and finally heard back from them. However, I missed the call and called them back only to be informed that they'll call me back to set up an interview. It had been another week. It's literally a phone tag. Especially when I received a voicemail from a different woman for Yankee Candle and gave one last final call to inquire about setting up an interview (and finally talked to the hiring manager) the tone of her voice was...not welcoming. She told me that she would call back next week. When the next week came and went, I decided that this was enough. This made me think twice about taking an interview with them and walked away. Plus, the hiring manager's voice was brusque and unpleasant, especially to a potential interviewee.

Other Interview Reviews for Yankee Candle

Assistant Manager Interview

applied to be an associate ended up a manager

there really wasnt i was already employeed by them so it was like getting a raise

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Janesville, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Yankee Candle in April 2013.

Position was posted on Craigslist, and on a sign in front of the future store with an e-mail address to the training manager to whom the resume was sent. I sent the resume on a Sunday, and the following Tuesday, I received a phone call from the store manger, who was interested in interviewing me. I was informed in the first interview that I had a strong competitior for the position, which didn't bother me, as I've had years of experience in customer service. I then had a second interview with both the store manager and the district manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Yankee Candle in July 2012.

I was interviewed twice, once over the phone and once in person.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate because they gave me their best offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yankee Candle in January 2011.

Had a interview with the store manager . She just asked about my customer service and how would I greet a customer if I worked here. there was a lot of talk about what I liked and didn't like about previous positions . then a second interview with the district manager that basically went over the same thing except she wanted to know if I knew anything about there products

Interview Questions
    • Whats your favorite scent ? and what makes yankee candles different than the rest?   View Answer
    I told them what I expected and they offered me a dollar more than what I wanted

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yankee Candle in October 2009.

Interviewed with the SM and the DM. Both had simple questions mostly centered around customer service. The Back ground check took forever. (1 Month) . Interviewed with the SM first then had to wait for the DM to be availible for the second interview, was called the day of and asked if i could squeeze it in.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about the worst place I've ever worked and it's hard to anwser honestly and not bad mouth a former employer.   Answer Question
    What is offered is what you get take it or leave it. I know this from hiring later on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cranston, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranston, RI

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Yankee Candle in October 2009.

Interviewed with a really nice manager. Got a great feeling about the company. I ended up deciding to stay with my current employer because the money was better.

Interview Questions

Just money, I liked the store manager she was great I even felt bad turning down.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Yankee Candle.

First you fill out a "interest card" in which the employees judge you off of and write either nice or rude comments on. Then the manager goes through all of them and probably picks out about 5-10. They will ask you what customer service is, and what GREAT customer service is. They will also ask if you can do certain duties.

Interview Questions
    • GREAT customer service - is.... going above and beyond for the customer. Making them feel special and welcomed in your store at all times.   Answer Question
    You must work ALL holidays/holiday weekends and barely get to do anything fun :( No dress up days, or work parties. It's a very harsh environment so be perpared before you accpet the job.

Worked for Yankee Candle? Contribute to the Community!