Yankee Candle Interview Questions

2.3

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yankee Candle.

I went in and applied for the position. I got a call back within a week of applying. I went in for a interview a week later. Everything went well, so they said I would have to meet the DM for the area before offering the job. Had to wait about 2 weeks to meet the DM. After that I was started within 1 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about my knowledge of candles and about my customer service abilities.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate anything about pay. I was told $9.75 was the pay for the position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yankee Candle in November 2013.

I filled out a paper application at the work site and was contacted about a week later for a group interview. Dress was business casual. I arrived along with a group of about 8-10 other people, and the store manager took us to an interview area inside the mall. She explained store policies and procedures and asked each candidate very minimal questions. She informed us that she would contact the chosen candidates within a week. I received a call within a week later to come in for orientation. I had one day of orientation, and then began work a couple of days later. Hiring process was very quick and the interview process was very easy. All store employees were very helpful and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult and unexpected questions. The store manager simply asked which Yankee Candle scent was or favorite and why.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The wage was already set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yankee Candle.

Filled out an application, a few days later got an call for a interview with the manager. It was very easy. No hard questions.

Non negotiable

Second Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yankee Candle in July 2013.

Very good interview. Lots of good questions and it wasn't nerve racking. I sat down and we began to talk abot the product and what the job would entail. I sat there for about an hour and laughed about everything. I would do it over again and the people I work with are great.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Yankee Candle.

The store manager asked about my employment history and educational background. We chatted since we both had the same degree. Then she gave me some paperwork to fill out.

Interview Questions
    The position is sales associate and the pay is $8.00 per hour. Here is your paperwork. If I didn't like anything it was my loss.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Yankee Candle in April 2013.

Position was posted on Craigslist, and on a sign in front of the future store with an e-mail address to the training manager to whom the resume was sent. I sent the resume on a Sunday, and the following Tuesday, I received a phone call from the store manger, who was interested in interviewing me. I was informed in the first interview that I had a strong competitior for the position, which didn't bother me, as I've had years of experience in customer service. I then had a second interview with both the store manager and the district manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yankee Candle.

It was a very laid back but straight to the point interview. The manager was alot of fun to talk to. I have been in the store before many times so when I handed in my application I got an interview right away.

Interview Questions
    • Probably be if I wanted to go to college within the next few months. I wasn't really expecting that.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Yankee Candle in July 2012.

I was interviewed twice, once over the phone and once in person.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate because they gave me their best offer.

Sales Associate Interview

interviewed at Yankee Candle in July 2012.

Walked in, asked if they were hiring. They scheduled me for an interview the following day. Not too many people come into Yankee Candle asking for a job, so it is not too competitive, but it's an awesome place to work and the clientele is ideal.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Deerfield, MA
    Anonymous Employee in South Deerfield, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yankee Candle in April 2012.

On 4/25/2012 I drove from southern CT, to the Yankee Candle Co. Warehouse in S. Deerfield, MA for an appointment for 3:00pm. I was in town around 12:00 noon and waited for 3:00 pm to come around and finally arrived around 2 and filled out their application. After meeting with a rep from HR was then told I would have to come back for a second interview and meet the managers of the department for the position I was told was available. Well, after trying to kill 7 hours in no-where land MASS, (went to see a movie that I miss-judged the time it got over) ended up being 15 minutes late for the second interview. But I am glad that I was or I might have made a big mistake working for Y.C. as the people I was to meet treated me very poorly. Now, I was expecting the outcome of this second meeting because of my tardiness but did not expect such a rude greeting as they did not introduce themselves nor wanted to hear me out for my reasons or the effort I had already put into this application, nor the fact that I was willing to stay in the area for the second meeting without any prior notice that a second interview would be needed. This job interview made me realize how desperate I had become to get a job. Will take care in the future to the job posting for which I apply for. Thank you Yankee Candle.