Yankee Candle Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2014

1.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yankee Candle in November 2013.

I filled out a paper application at the work site and was contacted about a week later for a group interview. Dress was business casual. I arrived along with a group of about 8-10 other people, and the store manager took us to an interview area inside the mall. She explained store policies and procedures and asked each candidate very minimal questions. She informed us that she would contact the chosen candidates within a week. I received a call within a week later to come in for orientation. I had one day of orientation, and then began work a couple of days later. Hiring process was very quick and the interview process was very easy. All store employees were very helpful and friendly.

Interview Questions
  • There were no difficult and unexpected questions. The store manager simply asked which Yankee Candle scent was or favorite and why.   Answer Question
There was no negotiation. The wage was already set.

Other Interview Reviews for Yankee Candle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yankee Candle.

Filled out an application, a few days later got an call for a interview with the manager. It was very easy. No hard questions.

Non negotiable

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Yankee Candle.

The store manager asked about my employment history and educational background. We chatted since we both had the same degree. Then she gave me some paperwork to fill out.

Interview Questions
    The position is sales associate and the pay is $8.00 per hour. Here is your paperwork. If I didn't like anything it was my loss.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yankee Candle.

It was a very laid back but straight to the point interview. The manager was alot of fun to talk to. I have been in the store before many times so when I handed in my application I got an interview right away.

Interview Questions
    • Probably be if I wanted to go to college within the next few months. I wasn't really expecting that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yankee Candle in August 2010.

I began the process by submitting a written application in person at the store in which I wanted to work. The manager who took my application was very professional and in fact interviewed me on the spot. The manager asked questions concerning my education and about my expectations regarding my employment at Yankee Candle. I answered politely and honestly and was offered the job by telephone about a week after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Yankee Candle in August 2010.

1. Fill out application between July and September, unless a store is hiring out of season
    2. Pass application in; once you get a call, they will set up an interview date
    3. Interviews are fairly easy and just require common sense. It helps to be familiar with the product.
    4. Personality is more important than retail experience- we can.teach you retail, but we can't teach you personality

Interview Questions
    • "How would you try to build a sale if a customer just wanted car products? What else could be added on?" "Give an example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer?" "What is your selling approach for increasing the average dollar per sale?" "What is a technique you could use to convert 4 more transactions?"   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation- salaries are fixed based on job level

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Yankee Candle in June 2014.

I handed my CV into the store on a Saturday morning and recieved an email inviting me to an interview on the Monday. My interview was on the Friday so the process took less than a week.
    The interview itself was really informal and laid back. I had come prepared with lots of questions I expected to be asked about but the manager didn't ask me any. She asked basic questions such as 'Tell me about yourself', 'Have you ever done merchandising?' etc etc. The whole interview lasted about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be able to help me teach the older members of staff the new structure I have put into place?   View Answer