Yankee Candle Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Saint Augustine, FL).

Interview

I was referred to the job through a friend who works there. I met with the Assistant Manager first due to the Manager being away to help another store, and was given a basic screening. I received a text to come in a few days later and I was given my real interview. That went smoothly and I was told that they would be in contact with me in a few days and that they had two more people interviewing for the job. A few days later I received a call stating I got the job because I really had the "Yankee Candle personality" and would fit in well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yankee Candle

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yankee Candle in November 2013.

Interview

I filled out a paper application at the work site and was contacted about a week later for a group interview. Dress was business casual. I arrived along with a group of about 8-10 other people, and the store manager took us to an interview area inside the mall. She explained store policies and procedures and asked each candidate very minimal questions. She informed us that she would contact the chosen candidates within a week. I received a call within a week later to come in for orientation. I had one day of orientation, and then began work a couple of days later. Hiring process was very quick and the interview process was very easy. All store employees were very helpful and friendly.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult and unexpected questions. The store manager simply asked which Yankee Candle scent was or favorite and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The wage was already set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Skokie, IL).

Interview

Filled out an application, a few days later got an call for a interview with the manager. It was very easy. No hard questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yankee Candle.

Interview

The store manager asked about my employment history and educational background. We chatted since we both had the same degree. Then she gave me some paperwork to fill out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The position is sales associate and the pay is $8.00 per hour. Here is your paperwork. If I didn't like anything it was my loss.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a very laid back but straight to the point interview. The manager was alot of fun to talk to. I have been in the store before many times so when I handed in my application I got an interview right away.

Interview Questions

• Probably be if I wanted to go to college within the next few months. I wasn't really expecting that.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Yankee Candle in July 2012.

Interview

Walked in, asked if they were hiring. They scheduled me for an interview the following day. Not too many people come into Yankee Candle asking for a job, so it is not too competitive, but it's an awesome place to work and the clientele is ideal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Saint Petersburg, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

Very self explanatory; most assistant and store managers (if you're lucky) are very kind and prefer to comfort the new recruit; goes through very basic profile information and asks some of the most basic questions, they're required to NOT go under your skin; my manager was very open and always me and other employees laugh during interview. No fancy process, just a one on one questionnaire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moosic, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Moosic, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

Nothing special. Basic. Typical sales associate interview. Focused mostly on customer service skills and knowledge of product line. The secret shop method was thoroughly explained. Benefits were explained for part time employees. Really,the focus is the customer, and that is what the majority of the interview was based on as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mays Landing, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Mays Landing, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

Very quick interview. Very basic questions. Only one interview. Asked about prior work history and availability. Also if I knew anything about the product. They needed people so I has hired on the spot. The discount is good. I worked my way up to higher management and decided it wasn't for me so I left to peruse other retail positions.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work weekends and holidays? Do you have retail experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Fairfax, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

I began the process by submitting a written application in person at the store in which I wanted to work. The manager who took my application was very professional and in fact interviewed me on the spot. The manager asked questions concerning my education and about my expectations regarding my employment at Yankee Candle. I answered politely and honestly and was offered the job by telephone about a week after the interview.