Yankee Candle

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yankee Candle in November 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out a paper application at the work site and was contacted about a week later for a group interview. Dress was business casual. I arrived along with a group of about 8-10 other people, and the store manager took us to an interview area inside the mall. She explained store policies and procedures and asked each candidate very minimal questions. She informed us that she would contact the chosen candidates within a week. I received a call within a week later to come in for orientation. I had one day of orientation, and then began work a couple of days later. Hiring process was very quick and the interview process was very easy. All store employees were very helpful and friendly.

Interview Question – There were no difficult and unexpected questions. The store manager simply asked which Yankee Candle scent was or favorite and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The wage was already set.

Skokie, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yankee Candle.

Interview Details – Filled out an application, a few days later got an call for a interview with the manager. It was very easy. No hard questions.

Interview Question – How do would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Yankee Candle.

Interview Details – The store manager asked about my employment history and educational background. We chatted since we both had the same degree. Then she gave me some paperwork to fill out.

Interview Question – There weren't any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The position is sales associate and the pay is $8.00 per hour. Here is your paperwork. If I didn't like anything it was my loss.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Yankee Candle.

Interview Details – It was a very laid back but straight to the point interview. The manager was alot of fun to talk to. I have been in the store before many times so when I handed in my application I got an interview right away.

Interview Question – Probably be if I wanted to go to college within the next few months. I wasn't really expecting that.   Answer Question

Fairfax, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Yankee Candle in August 2010.

Interview Details – I began the process by submitting a written application in person at the store in which I wanted to work. The manager who took my application was very professional and in fact interviewed me on the spot. The manager asked questions concerning my education and about my expectations regarding my employment at Yankee Candle. I answered politely and honestly and was offered the job by telephone about a week after the interview.

Interview Question – What kind of employment are you seeking?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yankee Candle

Worked for Yankee Candle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yankee Candle Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Yankee Candle employees and interview candidates.