Yankee Candle Second Assistant Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Second Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Yankee Candle in July 2013.

Very good interview. Lots of good questions and it wasn't nerve racking. I sat down and we began to talk abot the product and what the job would entail. I sat there for about an hour and laughed about everything. I would do it over again and the people I work with are great.

Other Interview Reviews for Yankee Candle

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lowell, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yankee Candle.

I went in and applied for the position. I got a call back within a week of applying. I went in for a interview a week later. Everything went well, so they said I would have to meet the DM for the area before offering the job. Had to wait about 2 weeks to meet the DM. After that I was started within 1 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about my knowledge of candles and about my customer service abilities.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate anything about pay. I was told $9.75 was the pay for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Yankee Candle in October 2010.

I was contacted by email to call and set up a face to face interview. I called and set up an interview for the following day. I walked into the retail store and the First Assistant Manager took me outside of the store over to a bench inside the mall and he asked me a bunch of questions like how do I resolve an issue with a sales associate if I know they are doing something wrong, or what type of sales strategy do I think would be used in this type of retail setting, what is my availability as far as nights, weekends and holidays, what is the most important part of being in this type of business, why would I want to work in a Yankee Candle, describe my level of organization.

Interview Questions
    • What type of sales strategy would you use in this type of business?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate that on certain holidays I'd want to travel because I had family that lived far away, so on certain busy retail days, I wouldn't be available. I also wanted a starting hourly wage of between $9 and $11 an hour, which they originally offered $8.50 and I got the $9.

Second Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Yankee Candle in February 2012.

Overall the interview process was one of the best I have had. The General Manager of the store at that time was pleasant and very focused on improving her staff. The VSM I interviewed with was also very concerned with improving the store. However, be careful with what you agree to in the interview. The job description they give is not completley correct. They also tell you there is a lot of room for advancement. In our entire district, I have seen one person advance.

Interview Questions
    • How would you provide proper coaching methods to improve sales associates?   Answer Question

Second Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Yankee Candle in September 2011.

Generally non descript interview process. I applied online for a different position/location but the availability changed and I interviewed at a new location. Had a brief phone interview then an in person 1:1 interview at the store. Associates & management staff were very professional & polite and laid out everything needed to know about the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Has there ever been a rule you have been forced to follow that you didn't agree with? Explain.   Answer Question

Worked for Yankee Candle? Contribute to the Community!