Yankee Candle Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central City, FL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Yankee Candle (Central City, FL).

Interview

I was offer the job to move up in the company. Had worked my way up. Started as a second assist.I had only one interview which was the DM at that time. He was the one that had ask me to apply for the job.

Interview Questions

• Where were I like to be in a year? How would I handle a mad customer. Do I mind working on hoildays.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Yankee Candle

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yankee Candle in February 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed! Casual. Friendly upbeat did a really good job at selling the company and its core values. Two way interview. Left plenty of room to ask what any questions I may have had.

Interview Questions

• How do I prioritize my day Give me an example of when you had a difficult customer service situation and what I did to resolve it? What motivates me? Tell me about any HR issues you have had to deal with in the past and what was the outcome? Describe your management still. Why do you think you would be a good fit for Yankee Candle.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Yankee Candle.

Interview

very unprofessional, over phone and then less than 20 minutes in person

Interview Questions

very unprofessional atmosphere, appeared to be high pressure sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yankee Candle (Freehold, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

Interview was thorough and complete. Concentration was mainly on experience, as well as a lengthy Q & A using scenarios to determine if you would be a good fit with company guidelines. Interviewer took the time to answer my questions in detail and was genuinely interested in what I wanted to know about the job and any benefits.

Interview Questions

• Person comes into the store with a firearm and is going to rob the store. How do you protect the company assets while seeing to your own safety and that of you staff and any customers present?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate salary. The salary offer that was presented was not much higher than I was currently earning. With commuting costs it would not have been feasible to accept the offer. Company came through with a higher rate of pay and job was accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Yankee Candle (Tulsa, OK) in August 2010.

Interview

It was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

They pay very poorly and I was over qualified.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Yankee Candle.

Interview

sales associates are interviewed my ASM first then SM. Key holders are interviewed by the Store Manager then the district manager before a background check. A store manager is interviewed by the District Manager then a phone interview with head of HR and then a background check.

Interview Questions

• What was your worst experience at your previous compny and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for a small amout more than offered but not much. I was still low balled.