Yankee Candle

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Freehold, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yankee Candle in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was thorough and complete. Concentration was mainly on experience, as well as a lengthy Q & A using scenarios to determine if you would be a good fit with company guidelines. Interviewer took the time to answer my questions in detail and was genuinely interested in what I wanted to know about the job and any benefits.

Interview Question – Person comes into the store with a firearm and is going to rob the store. How do you protect the company assets while seeing to your own safety and that of you staff and any customers present?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate salary. The salary offer that was presented was not much higher than I was currently earning. With commuting costs it would not have been feasible to accept the offer. Company came through with a higher rate of pay and job was accepted.

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Yankee Candle.

Interview Details – very unprofessional, over phone and then less than 20 minutes in person

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – very unprofessional atmosphere, appeared to be high pressure sales.

Very Easy Interview

Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Yankee Candle in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – They pay very poorly and I was over qualified.

Store Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Yankee Candle.

Interview Details – sales associates are interviewed my ASM first then SM. Key holders are interviewed by the Store Manager then the district manager before a background check. A store manager is interviewed by the District Manager then a phone interview with head of HR and then a background check.

Interview Question – What was your worst experience at your previous compny and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for a small amout more than offered but not much. I was still low balled.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yankee Candle

Worked for Yankee Candle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yankee Candle Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Yankee Candle employees and interview candidates.