Yankee Candle

Yankee Candle Store Manager Interview Questions

2.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Yankee Candle.

very unprofessional, over phone and then less than 20 minutes in person

Interview Questions

very unprofessional atmosphere, appeared to be high pressure sales.

Other Interview Reviews for Yankee Candle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yankee Candle in October 2010.

Interview was thorough and complete. Concentration was mainly on experience, as well as a lengthy Q & A using scenarios to determine if you would be a good fit with company guidelines. Interviewer took the time to answer my questions in detail and was genuinely interested in what I wanted to know about the job and any benefits.

Interview Questions
    • Person comes into the store with a firearm and is going to rob the store. How do you protect the company assets while seeing to your own safety and that of you staff and any customers present?   View Answer
    Yes I was able to negotiate salary. The salary offer that was presented was not much higher than I was currently earning. With commuting costs it would not have been feasible to accept the offer. Company came through with a higher rate of pay and job was accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yankee Candle in August 2010.

It was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

They pay very poorly and I was over qualified.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Yankee Candle.

sales associates are interviewed my ASM first then SM. Key holders are interviewed by the Store Manager then the district manager before a background check. A store manager is interviewed by the District Manager then a phone interview with head of HR and then a background check.

Interview Questions
    • What was your worst experience at your previous compny and how did you handle it.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate for a small amout more than offered but not much. I was still low balled.