Yara

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Integration Engineer Interview

Systems Integration Engineer
Berlin (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Yara in May 2014.

Interview Details – The first step is they call and give you a technical screening. Even setting up this phone screening took 1.5 weeks. Once that was out of the way, they called to set up an in-person (panel of 3) interview. I had the interview on a Friday. They made the offer to me at the end of the interview. They wanted an answer by Monday. They told me to ask them any questions until then. On Saturday I emailed the Yara panel some questions. One question they did not like was about freelancing. I like to perform additional work on my time (weekends, late nights, etc). Unfortunately for them this question raised red flags. They seemed to want to retract the offer. This greatly confused me, but I have to understand this is German mentality. On Monday I said I would like the job and that I would not perform any freelancing. They took up to 2 more weeks to again "decide" about the offer. They said they would call but ended sending me an email saying I did not fit the job.

During the panel interview the HR rep from Norway flew down and said they want "diversity" in the workforce. I am a non-Caucasian person and I figured I would fit the bill in this "diversity". But the "diversity" they were looking for seemed to be Caucasian people from different countries e.g. Russian, etc. I found this out from the recruiter from Experian. The recruiter, she seemed very inexperienced, also mentioned that Yara wanted to build a team. In the interview process with Yara this was never brought up. Yara was very disappointing dealing with. I would think twice about moving forward with them.

One thing they also mentioned was my salary would've been 4000 Euros a month BUT due to recruiting fees this shot up to 6500 - 7000 Euros a month. I was in shock when they mentioned the figures to me.

Interview Question – We are looking for "diversity" in our potential employees. Yara wants to "build" these types of people. Would you like to work for Yara?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate anything. I accepted the offer but in the end they RETRACTED the offer.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Porsgrunn (Norway)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Yara in January 2013.

Interview Details – You send in an application containing a cover letter and a CV. It then takes from 2 to 3 weeks before they contact you about a telephone interview. If you pass the interview, you get the internship

Interview Question – Do you have experience from lab   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Credit & Collections Manager Interview

Credit & Collections Manager
Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Yara in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews with 2 different people. First of all I had and interview by phone and they asked me about my experience as a Credit Analyst, then we talked about my experience in my last 2 jobs. Then the recruiter made the interview in English and they asked me to sent 10 questions in English and Spanish. Then I receive a call about the Job Opportunitie was suspended to new advice.

Interview Question – Are you available to travel???   View Answer

Worked for Yara? Contribute to the Community!