Yara

Updated Sep 28, 2014
Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.6

Process Technician (Western Australia) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yara in September 2014.

Interview with a panel of 3, HR Leader, Integration Manager and General Manager of process plant (technical ammonium nitrate). Fairly straight forward interview done in a friendly atmosphere, more technical questions than behavioural questions. Encouraged me to ask questions at the end, which I did but the answers provided were not too descriptive as if they didn't want to give too much away.

Interview Questions
    • What contributions can you bring which will add to our extensive safety framework?.   Answer Question
    • How have you dealt with a troublesome work colleague in the past?   Answer Question
    Two days after interview I received an email informing me that I have advanced to next stage (referee checks and medical examination). Seem keen to advance quite quickly.

Systems Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Yara in May 2014.

The first step is they call and give you a technical screening. Even setting up this phone screening took 1.5 weeks. Once that was out of the way, they called to set up an in-person (panel of 3) interview. I had the interview on a Friday. They made the offer to me at the end of the interview. They wanted an answer by Monday. They told me to ask them any questions until then. On Saturday I emailed the Yara panel some questions. One question they did not like was about freelancing. I like to perform additional work on my time (weekends, late nights, etc). Unfortunately for them this question raised red flags. They seemed to want to retract the offer. This greatly confused me, but I have to understand this is German mentality. On Monday I said I would like the job and that I would not perform any freelancing. They took up to 2 more weeks to again "decide" about the offer. They said they would call but ended sending me an email saying I did not fit the job.

During the panel interview the HR rep from Norway flew down and said they want "diversity" in the workforce. I am a non-Caucasian person and I figured I would fit the bill in this "diversity". But the "diversity" they were looking for seemed to be Caucasian people from different countries e.g. Russian, etc. I found this out from the recruiter from Experian. The recruiter, she seemed very inexperienced, also mentioned that Yara wanted to build a team. In the interview process with Yara this was never brought up. Yara was very disappointing dealing with. I would think twice about moving forward with them.

One thing they also mentioned was my salary would've been 4000 Euros a month BUT due to recruiting fees this shot up to 6500 - 7000 Euros a month. I was in shock when they mentioned the figures to me.

Interview Questions
    • We are looking for "diversity" in our potential employees. Yara wants to "build" these types of people. Would you like to work for Yara?   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate anything. I accepted the offer but in the end they RETRACTED the offer.

Instrumentation Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yara in August 2013.

Headhunter called me if I am interested in to work for the Company.
    I've been seeking, so I asked for more details.
    I've submitted my CV and very soon I received a phone call to agree in the time of phone interview.
    During the phone interview they've asked me about my previous jobs, positions and tasks.
    Because I fit perfectly to the open position there were not so many questions, but they've invited me for a personal interview as well.
    On the personal interview I had some kind of technical tests, to verify my competency and because I had the right answers for all the questions, they've asked me when can I start.

Interview Questions
    • none, they were all techncial and HR questions   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porsgrunn (Norway)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porsgrunn (Norway)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Yara in January 2013.

You send in an application containing a cover letter and a CV. It then takes from 2 to 3 weeks before they contact you about a telephone interview. If you pass the interview, you get the internship

There was no negotiation

Credit & Collections Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Yara in January 2012.

I had 3 interviews with 2 different people. First of all I had and interview by phone and they asked me about my experience as a Credit Analyst, then we talked about my experience in my last 2 jobs. Then the recruiter made the interview in English and they asked me to sent 10 questions in English and Spanish. Then I receive a call about the Job Opportunitie was suspended to new advice.