Yard House Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yard House (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I went in to hand in my resume and cover letter. The manager greeted me and sat me down at one of the booths. He asked questions like why I wanted to work there and about my work experience. It was very relaxed. If you go in make sure to go during the down hours around 2pm-4pm when its the least crowded. I was not offered a job because I was only looking for seasonal and they don't hire seasonally.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yard House

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yard House (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then went into the restaurant to follow up. I was told to come back the following week for their open hours. When I came back, I interviewed with one manager who told me come back the next day to meet with the other managers. I met with the other two managers the next day who asked me the typical questions (Why do you want to work at Yardhouse? What does customer service mean to you? Where do you see yourself in a year? etc.) and after responding well, I was offered the job! They were very friendly and there seemed to be a great atmosphere so I'm excited to start working.

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yard House (Northridge, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was okay. They called me to set up a time and date when I can go in. When I went in I was suppose to meet a girl manager but instead I got a guy manager. He was very nice. We talked for a bit told him about my previous job how, my manager would describe me my work ethic and so on.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a typical night at your old job would go for you?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Yard House in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call to come in for an interview the same day. The interview was with 3 different managers, one right after the other. There were also other people having interviews at the same time but at different tables. They all asked about work and customer service experience, pretty standard interview questions. Overall the interview was about 30 minutes long.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Yard House in October 2014.

Interview

When I went in for my interview, I waited just a few minute before I was approached by one of the managers. It was friendly and welcoming, which then another manager came to interview me. They both asked generally the same questions, though were gauging my response They asked somewhat personal questions, nothing inappropriate, but to be friendly and get a better feel for who I am and my work ethic. I believe that that's what made them give the general manager the okay to higher me. So based off these two, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was what I wanted to gain from being hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yard House (Northridge, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by one of the managers and he made me feel so comfortable. I was not offered the job and would have accepted if asked.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult about the interview. I was asked simple questions and felt like I was talking to a friend.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Yard House (Roseville, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

in person for 10-15 minutes

Interview Questions

• do you know anything about Yard House and what our restaurant strives for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Yard House (Denver, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

Open interview process as posted on craigslist, brought in filled out application and resume. Was asked to meet with various people in manager rules at the restaurant before sitting one on one with a chef. I was asked about experience in kitchens abroad (as indicated on resume) and general availability questions

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Yard House (Temecula, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied in person and was asked to come back for an open interview. I went back on the specified day, and saw there were about three or four other people there for the interview as well. I waited for about 20 minutes, and then I was called up. I talked to the manager for about 10 minuets about the basics, and then he went and brought over the "host" manager to complete the interview.