Yard House

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.3

Server Interview

they basically just ask you questions about your personality to see if you will be a great fit for the rest of the team. if you were to ask me all of those over and over again i would be sick and tired of hearing them for now. if they allow more of us to talk then we will be okay. now it is all up to them and you for ever

Food Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Yard House in October 2014.

I applied and 2 hrs later they called me for an interview.. They were straight forward and all the staff was friendly. The interview was down the street from the initial location because they hadn't opened up yet. Long story short, I was hired on the spot. I spoke to 3 people and they all loved me!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult about the interview.. Just be yourself and answer honestly.   Answer Question

Host Interview

They are always hiring people for the front desk as hosts/hostesses don't tend to stay for more than a year in that position whether it be due to promotions or other reasons. The application is online, let them review your availability, and about a week later, show up in person during the slow hours between 2pm-4pm. You may call as well but showing up in person increases the likelihood of receiving on interview on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember them giving difficult questions. Just be optimistic to gain knowledge as you will be learning a lot of beers and food that they offer on their menu.   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Yard House in August 2014.

Process started out well with a Video Interview with Human Resource Director.
    Second Interview was with Director of Operations.
    Third Interview was a Non Paid 4 hour working interview.
    Somewhat lack of professional courtesy after this step.
    HR was apologetic
    Background Check

Interview Questions
    • Because of my Seasoned Leadership, I was asked if I was going to have any issues having Leadership running their locations half my age was a issue? I was told I needed to be humble, because I would have a younger bosses that didn't have my experience or qualifications.   View Answer
    • Seemed that I was being sold not to take the position. Being owned by the Darden Group seems that their was a disconnect. If I was over qualified then why wouldn't they look to bring me in for the right position some where with in the company.   View Answer
    • Product from food and beverage were excellent. The hourly staff all seemed all very nice.   Answer Question
    • Started a new seating system the day of working interview.
      The Hostess were having a difficult time. Because of their Ace Hostess who had recently left her position. The Store Manager worked the Hostess Stand
      my entire working interview process, and didn't have 5 min to give me.
      Really couldn't look me in the eyes.

View Answer

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yard House.

Completed an online application. A manager contacted me to set up interview within a week or two. Came into restaurant for first interview. Second interview with AGM or GM for me actually was completed the same day as the first interview.

Bar Back Interview

Interview was quick. Interviewed with manager then GM. Basic questions like would you say you are an organized individual. Felt like they were trying to steer me towards a busser position. First interviewer even said I wouldnt really be able to move up in the company from a bar back position.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your most recent customer service experiences?   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yard House in April 2014.

It was simple and straight forward. Met with two managers. First was the GM: standard questions, where have I worked previously, why I wanted to work at Yard House etc..
    Second was with the server manager: some repeated questions and then a more in depth behavioral interview questions. Then we talked about beer which was great and casual. We gave each other new beer recommendations. I was then hired.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yard House in November 2013.

Applied online and was contacted in about 2 days. Manager called to set up interview. Went in and interviewed with the assistant GM, then with the GM, they pretty much asked the garden variety "tell me about yourself" stuff.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what I knew about beer and I was clueless.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yard House.

I went in to the hiring center before the opening of the new store in Brea. The room was buzzing with anticipation and excitement, well dressed, good looking people from wall to wall. I was on a double at my other job and went between shifts. I explained that to the managers and they seemed excited about that and quickly asked me questions and moved me to the second interview and quickly went about with a formal offer.

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle a 50 yard dash with your arms loaded with plates?   View Answer
    Straight up contracts, no negotiation for hourly positions

Busser Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Yard House in June 2013.

1st interview.
    Tell me about yourself. What's your favorite movie? What do you like to do for fun? Why do you want to work here? What do you know about Darden?
    2nd interview. What is a description of a busser? Can you physically meet the job description? What's your customer service like?

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty easy and straightforward. Basic personality questions.   Answer Question