Yard House Line Cook Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yard House

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yard House in December 2010.

Interview

I arrived on-site with an application already filled out. I waited no longer than 10 minutes for an on the spot interview. My first interview was with the regional kitchen manager due to the fact that the executive kitchen manager of the location was off that day. The interview went very well. Everything was clear and concise. Excellent communication of wants and needs from both myself and the interviewer. After about 10 minutes of discussion I was asked to come back the following day for a second interview with the executive kitchen manager of that location. On day 2, I arrived 10 minutes early so that I could observe the kitchen (its an open kitchen) from the waiting area prior to my follow up interview. The interview began promptly, a beverage was offered this day as was the previous day. A similar exchange took place as the day before. This day there was more emphasis on what I could earn as far as professional advancement within the corporate structure. I was also told that if I proved myself to be worth the money and training, they would make it happen. (Thus far that is an accurate statement). After about 20 minutes I received a job offer and accepted promptly. I began working before weeks end.

Interview Questions