Yardi Systems

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

3.4

Associate Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yardi Systems in January 2015.

I applied online via their website and received a phone call from HR approximately 2-3 weeks later. The following week I had an in person interview. I was aware that I would be interviewing with more than one person but I was completely taken back by the amount of people (7 total) I interviewed with in one interview. Everyone was very nice and friendly and the experience was less intimidating. The following week I came back for a 2nd interview and interviewed with the Director and another team leader. Two weeks later I received an offer. I would say just be prepared to interview for at least 2-3 hours at a time.

Other Interview Reviews for Yardi Systems

Associate Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Yardi Systems.

The process took a little long, it lasted about a month and a half. The interviews were not bad, there were two on site interviews. The first was at a job fair with managers, and the second was actually split into two because different managers come in for the second half. All the interviews were panel, the questions weren't too difficult. On the first interview I was asked how much I know about project management and SQL and my basic accounting skills. There is also an onsite assessment given at the first interview, there is one mandatory part and optional parts that relate to SQL, accounting, IT and customer service skills, the mandatory section is difficult. The second interview was mostly composed of behavioral questions, and you are expected to have a lot of questions to ask about the company.

Interview Questions
    • There is a pond full of lilies and they reproduce double their size every 24 hours (so one lilly turns to two, two lilies make 4) it takes 60 days to fill the pond, how many days did it take to fill the pond halfway?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yardi Systems in May 2014.

The interviewer was friendlyt, but stern while asking the questions. They asked questions about things like SQL and about my degree in general. They asked about availability of my time. The entire process took about 3 weeks to completely complete. Overall I did not accept the position due to another oppurtunity, but it seemed like a decent place to work.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Yardi Systems in May 2014.

There were many rounds of interviews, tests, etc. The first interview was a phone interview with the recruiter. Then an in-person with the recruiter where I took a math-like test, an accounting principles test, and a technical test, like Excel and web applications. Another interview with the account managers where I had to take even more tests and presentations. Lasted two hours. Another interview after that.

Interview Questions
    • Watch this presentation and take a memory test.   View Answer

Wrong culture fit.

Multiple interviews

Associate Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Yardi Systems.

Currently going through the interview process. So far I've done a phone interview and I went into the Santa Barbara office to take an evaluation test. The test had accounting questions, IT questions, SQL questions and written response questions.

Interview Questions
    • I have not done a one on one or panel interview just yet, that would be the next step. But so far the phone interview and evaluation test has been straight forward and clear cut. They haven't thrown any major curve balls my way (knocking on wood).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yardi Systems in December 2013.

Very detailed process, extensive process.You interview with multiply people on each interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Yardi Systems in September 2013.

Interview process consisted of two parts. The first was a job fair involving two speed interviews and some comprehension skill tests. Interviews were very narrow in scope, primarily used to process and confirm application and resume' information. Testing involved a short lecture/presentation and then a followup quiz to test retention, along with a series of questions to gauge elementary mathematical/accounting skills.

The second call back interview was in depth panel style interviews. Questions ranged from accounting to IT. This was a two part interview process, with two senior managers each time. Questions were not overly difficult if you were familiar with accounting and IT. Do not be surprised to see very senior executives in these interviews, one of my interviews was with the VP and GM.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yardi Systems.

They send an email referring to a job fair - this is the beginning of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • My most interesting question would have to be the ‘light bulb switch’ scenario, asked during my interview with Yardi.

Question: You are standing outside a room next to three switches, all of which are off. Each switch operates a different light bulb in the room. The room door is closed, so you cannot see which switch operates which bulb. You are only allowed to go into the room once. Determine which switch operates which bulb.

View Answer
    no negotiation - hire group - same salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yardi Systems in March 2012.

Applied online, received an email invitation to a career fair. At the fair, you are introduced to the company and given a chance to ask questions. There is also a short skills and intelligence test to take. Then I participated in a 1 on 1 interview which went extremely well.
    Got invited to a second interview the following week, this time for 3 separate interviews with 2 managers at a time. Yardi puts a strong effort in getting to know the candidate and ensuring that he/she is the right fit, so it was much of an opportunity for me to interview them as vice versa.
    Safe to say, it went well. I received a call and a job offer within a few days.