Yardi Systems Associate Technical Account Manager Interview Questions

3.3

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yardi Systems in May 2014.

The interviewer was friendlyt, but stern while asking the questions. They asked questions about things like SQL and about my degree in general. They asked about availability of my time. The entire process took about 3 weeks to completely complete. Overall I did not accept the position due to another oppurtunity, but it seemed like a decent place to work.

Other Interview Reviews for Yardi Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yardi Systems in December 2013.

Very detailed process, extensive process.You interview with multiply people on each interview.

Multiple interviews

Associate Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Yardi Systems.

Currently going through the interview process. So far I've done a phone interview and I went into the Santa Barbara office to take an evaluation test. The test had accounting questions, IT questions, SQL questions and written response questions.

Interview Questions
    • I have not done a one on one or panel interview just yet, that would be the next step. But so far the phone interview and evaluation test has been straight forward and clear cut. They haven't thrown any major curve balls my way (knocking on wood).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Yardi Systems in September 2013.

Interview process consisted of two parts. The first was a job fair involving two speed interviews and some comprehension skill tests. Interviews were very narrow in scope, primarily used to process and confirm application and resume' information. Testing involved a short lecture/presentation and then a followup quiz to test retention, along with a series of questions to gauge elementary mathematical/accounting skills.

The second call back interview was in depth panel style interviews. Questions ranged from accounting to IT. This was a two part interview process, with two senior managers each time. Questions were not overly difficult if you were familiar with accounting and IT. Do not be surprised to see very senior executives in these interviews, one of my interviews was with the VP and GM.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Yardi Systems.

They send an email referring to a job fair - this is the beginning of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • My most interesting question would have to be the ‘light bulb switch’ scenario, asked during my interview with Yardi.

Question: You are standing outside a room next to three switches, all of which are off. Each switch operates a different light bulb in the room. The room door is closed, so you cannot see which switch operates which bulb. You are only allowed to go into the room once. Determine which switch operates which bulb.
        View Answer
    no negotiation - hire group - same salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Yardi Systems in March 2012.

There was an initial, brief interview after I submitted my resume (it took a few months from my resume submission for me to hear from them), After I passed that, I went through a series of written questions and longer interviews with pairs of team leads/managers during the second round of interviews. A written letter to client was also required to be submitted.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about different types of accounting, cash books vs. accrual books, etc.   Answer Question
    There was little to no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Yardi Systems in March 2012.

Applied online, received an email invitation to a career fair. At the fair, you are introduced to the company and given a chance to ask questions. There is also a short skills and intelligence test to take. Then I participated in a 1 on 1 interview which went extremely well.
    Got invited to a second interview the following week, this time for 3 separate interviews with 2 managers at a time. Yardi puts a strong effort in getting to know the candidate and ensuring that he/she is the right fit, so it was much of an opportunity for me to interview them as vice versa.
    Safe to say, it went well. I received a call and a job offer within a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Yardi Systems in July 2011.

While applying for one or more positions at the company, the actual interview process consisted of two interviews, each with two managers from different departments. The interview appeared to be more of managers looking for a particular skill set/character than a specific job title, and initial understanding of which job I was being interviewed for was unclear. Afterwards a four-part test was administered, covering accounting, SQL and database/programming knowledge, and a logic/intelligence section.

Interview Questions
    • I had done a fair amount of preparation as well as an informational interview with a current employee, so I felt there was nothing terribly difficult or unexpected. I did feel there was a strong desire and understanding that because of the investment Yardi makes in its employees that the interview was as much about making sure I was a good fit for the company and vice versa.   Answer Question

Worked for Yardi Systems? Contribute to the Community!