Yardi Systems

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

3.1

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yardi Systems.

I was contacted by a hiring manager to set up an interview. I was sent an application to fill out prior to my interview. I interviewed with three of the top-level employees at the same time. I was prompted to take an assessment before the interview began. I was called back for a second interview where I interviewed with three more individuals at the same time and then one other about 30 minutes after concluding the meeting with the first three.

Interview Questions
    • What did I take away the most from studying Psychology in undergrad?   Answer Question

Associate Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Yardi Systems in September 2013.

Interview process consisted of two parts. The first was a job fair involving two speed interviews and some comprehension skill tests. Interviews were very narrow in scope, primarily used to process and confirm application and resume' information. Testing involved a short lecture/presentation and then a followup quiz to test retention, along with a series of questions to gauge elementary mathematical/accounting skills.

The second call back interview was in depth panel style interviews. Questions ranged from accounting to IT. This was a two part interview process, with two senior managers each time. Questions were not overly difficult if you were familiar with accounting and IT. Do not be surprised to see very senior executives in these interviews, one of my interviews was with the VP and GM.

Programmer Interview

Contacted by internal Yardi recruiter that I met at a UCSB job fair. I had to fill out a bunch of paper work and bring the application to the interview. I interviewed for a few hours with about 6 different people. Received a call back a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to compare C++ with Java. Also asked questions about different protocols (FTP, HTTP, UDP, TCP, etc.) Another interviewer asked the names of some college professors.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. They have a standard rate they start entry level Programmers at.

Programmer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yardi Systems.

You'll be interview by a series of 8 or more of Yardi's top Executives or Managers. Each lasting 15-30 minutes each. You may be asked to come in a second time, depending on amount of openings.

Interview Questions
    • As long as you had paid attention in your Computer Science classes, you'll do fine for the technical interview.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Yardi Systems.

Phone interview then two in person interview with the main office manager and team leads.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was very easy, nothing difficult but they do give a 90 min written exam.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Yardi Systems in July 2013.

Interview process was fairly simple as expected. Those that interviewed me involved experts within the company for various technologies. I was interviewed for a SharePoint role and was interviewed by a former Senior Consultant in the company. Once that was done, then I got to meet with the Director who asked the very same questions and discussed more about the company and its range of products. Lastly a third interviewer who was a director from another team within the company called to get a feel for how I would work in various situations (project-team scenario).

Overall, the experience was fairly easy -- they flew me out to HQ for the second interview when meeting with the Director. Director's questions were simple and reiterated on my skills and expertise from the past.

Process prior to hire:
    1) Phone call from Sr. Consultant
    2) 2 weeks later -- flew to HQ to meet with Director and other senior staff on-site
    3) 1 week later - second phone call with a Director from another division
    4) 1 week later - offer was extended

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate the salary amount, living location (without relocation), and office supplies for home-setup.

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yardi Systems.

Phone interview/Screening
    In person career fair, 2 individual basic interviews
    2nd in person interview witkh 5 people, included personal, technical, call with mock client, and a riddle

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Yardi Systems in April 2013.

I applied through my college career website. It took me to their company website where I created one application and applied to multiple different positions. I was then followed up with an email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I decided it wasnt the right company for me.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult customer service experience I had to deal with at my previous position and how did i handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yardi Systems.

They have an eye for finding good talent - the sales team are for the most part very savvy, with great industry knowledge. Straightforward interview process, didn't take very long to get an offer. Interview started with HR, then direct management, followed by senior management in a panel style interview.

Interview Questions
    • What about your previous experience qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yardi Systems in February 2013.

Initially received phone call from corporate HQ after applying online. The HR individual that called sound nice and friendly over the phone. She asked a few basic questions and that said she would follow-up with hiring manager. A couple of days later she called back and invited me to an interview. After receiving her initial email detailing the structure of the interview I noticed the process is 1.5 hours and since I'm currently working, had to re-schedule for a better time. Needless to say, they worked with me and accommodated my interview time/dates.

I did a brief research on the company's website and this site to get a good idea on what to expect. Long story short, I went to the interview and was greeted by the team lead of the department and another Technical Account Manager. The team lead lady lacked personality and didn't even shake my hand and offered little to no small talk. It was kind of awkward. The other Technical account manager that sat in on the interview wasn't better. The team lead person had me watch a 15mins presentation about their company and about their software and told me to take notes. I felt as if I was in school instead of an interview. After their quick presentation, they gave me a pop-quiz about what was discussed in the presentation which was mostly maneuvering in their software. I believe I got 7 out of 10 correct based solely on notes and memory because I've never been exposed to their software before. I was never given feedback at the test at the end of the interview. After that pop-quiz she proceeds to give me a second test based on their software as well. I've interviewed for many software companies and this is the first time they test you over something you've never worked before, the information on the test wasn't over my past experiences or past education super weird.

Next, the team lead tells me that she along with the other co-worker will ask some questions from my resume. She began to ask some regular interview questions and I explained my experiences and background. Her description of the position sound more like a customer service position vs. an IT Technical position which is what they posted. I then ask a few questions of my own, and learned that the two positions they are hiring for are replacement positions, which is always a red flag in my book, could potentially mean high turnover. I'm won't hold my breath for a second interview. I didn't get a good impression based on these two individuals. On a positive note, the benefits and the location is good for me.

Interview Questions
    • The person that interviewed me gave me two tests based on a 15mins presentation of their software.   Answer Question