Yardi Systems

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yardi Systems.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a hiring manager to set up an interview. I was sent an application to fill out prior to my interview. I interviewed with three of the top-level employees at the same time. I was prompted to take an assessment before the interview began. I was called back for a second interview where I interviewed with three more individuals at the same time and then one other about 30 minutes after concluding the meeting with the first three.

Interview Question – What did I take away the most from studying Psychology in undergrad?   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Yardi Systems.

Interview Details – Phone interview then two in person interview with the main office manager and team leads.

Interview Question – Interview was very easy, nothing difficult but they do give a 90 min written exam.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yardi Systems in February 2013.

Interview Details – Initially received phone call from corporate HQ after applying online. The HR individual that called sound nice and friendly over the phone. She asked a few basic questions and that said she would follow-up with hiring manager. A couple of days later she called back and invited me to an interview. After receiving her initial email detailing the structure of the interview I noticed the process is 1.5 hours and since I'm currently working, had to re-schedule for a better time. Needless to say, they worked with me and accommodated my interview time/dates.

I did a brief research on the company's website and this site to get a good idea on what to expect. Long story short, I went to the interview and was greeted by the team lead of the department and another Technical Account Manager. The team lead lady lacked personality and didn't even shake my hand and offered little to no small talk. It was kind of awkward. The other Technical account manager that sat in on the interview wasn't better. The team lead person had me watch a 15mins presentation about their company and about their software and told me to take notes. I felt as if I was in school instead of an interview. After their quick presentation, they gave me a pop-quiz about what was discussed in the presentation which was mostly maneuvering in their software. I believe I got 7 out of 10 correct based solely on notes and memory because I've never been exposed to their software before. I was never given feedback at the test at the end of the interview. After that pop-quiz she proceeds to give me a second test based on their software as well. I've interviewed for many software companies and this is the first time they test you over something you've never worked before, the information on the test wasn't over my past experiences or past education super weird.

Next, the team lead tells me that she along with the other co-worker will ask some questions from my resume. She began to ask some regular interview questions and I explained my experiences and background. Her description of the position sound more like a customer service position vs. an IT Technical position which is what they posted. I then ask a few questions of my own, and learned that the two positions they are hiring for are replacement positions, which is always a red flag in my book, could potentially mean high turnover. I'm won't hold my breath for a second interview. I didn't get a good impression based on these two individuals. On a positive note, the benefits and the location is good for me.

Interview Question – The person that interviewed me gave me two tests based on a 15mins presentation of their software.   Answer Question

Norcross, GA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Yardi Systems.

Interview Details – The process was long, too long! You can expect to go through 3-6 interviews at a time. You are made to feel as if management is thorough in its hiring process, but you will soon find that its due to a bit of disorganization. You can expect to interview with 2-3 people at a time, from who you will be directly working with, to the head of the branch office. Questions are typical interview questions.

Interview Question – There are none. Just be yourself! You can prepare for the interview by going over typical interview questions. They are looking for someone who can add to the culture. Personality, personality, personality! Make sure you ask SPECIFICALLY, what your day to day functions will be. Management has been know to gloss over the fact that Account Manager positions are glorified call center positions. Many were mislead under this premise. Do your research on the company, and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate, and you should. This may be your only opportunity to get what you want...this company is very stingy with its raises for your annual reviews. Your offer will be extended by the corporate recruiter.

Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yardi Systems in October 2011.

Interview Details – - basic analysis of resume (CV) - does it fit with the requirements?
- several tests (depending on position) including logic, accounting, basic SQL and business communication
- interview with office manager followed by interview with team leader followed by an informal interview with possible future colleagues (last one is to gauge you as a person, how you like the job in the company, what are your English communication skills, what kind of person your are and if you have any questions that you would feel more confortable asking them then management)
- response withing two weeks time

Interview Question – Why did you leave your former employer and would you actually like to work for Yardi considering the explanation about your future position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Officially i was straight out of college with no work experience on paper, so i accepted what i was offered - which wasn't bad for a no-experience employee.

Technical Account Manager

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Yardi Systems in October 2008.

Interview Details – First send in your resume. Then you will be contacted for a Career Fair, which spans 2 days and an you can go anytime, either day. About 60-80 people generally come to the Fair. At the Fair you you take a short 10 question test for IT and accounting aptitude. It also has some basic math and reasoning questions and a customer service question or two. Then you chat with one or two Team Leads, individually. They will look at your resume and are very friendly. After that about 15-20 people come for second interviews. That is a 1/2 day and you will interview with pairs, or sometimes 3 team leaders at once. All management will interview you and rank you. The top X number of people (hiring need at the time, normally 6-8) will get offers in 1-2 days.

Interview Question – Brain teaser - a new one is used for each hiring group. One about rings, one about light bulbs. General brain teasers with no specific knowledge necessary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little room to negotiate because groups of people are hired and there is a cap. The training period is about 4 weeks and is intensive. They pretty much pay everyone the same coming in, and sort out skills and aptitudes later.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yardi Systems

Worked for Yardi Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yardi Systems Technical Account Manager interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Yardi Systems employees and interview candidates.