Yazaki Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Standard interview questions. They really want to get to know you and if you're a good fit for the company. That is important to them. Great experience overall, and I was offered above my salary expectations

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Was pretty simple. First was asked some typical behavioral questions, then some questions about experience and coursework. Then they asked me to do some tests with engineering drawings, SolidWorks, pairing motors, and other similar subjects. Then they asked about my availability and when I would be able to work.

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Questions asked were more knowledge based and not situational. The hiring supervisor asked me questions like what are the bones on a fishbone diagram instead of asking me things like what I would do in certain situations. the interview was surprising because I got a rejection email the day after I applied but got the call a month later. Hiring supervisor did not know basic quality things and had to keep referring to a cheat sheet. Looking back, I should have figured this was a warning and not accepted the job. My supervisor was clueless about my job.

Interview Questions

• What is the 3D in an 8D capa?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried negotiating more vacation time but was declined. Should have tried for more pay since I was offered $2k less than I asked for, but was glad to get a job so I accepted.

Import Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI).

Interview

2 interview process, usually. Helps if you know somebody to refer you.

Interview Questions

• No silly questions, just straight forward regarding your work history & abilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate...it was about $1500 lower per year than my other pending offer with another company, but I accepted Yazaki instead because of a great sales pitch by the recruiter about advancement, yearly raises, etc...Don't fall for it, your department will not want to re-hire for you position, therefore will not let you transfer to another dept., and all of a sudden they need to cut costs so your yearly raise will no longer be granted.

Intern Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Yazaki in February 2014.

Interview

Had an initial discussion with hiring manager and recruiter. Had to perform two tests - one mechanical and one using engineering software. I was called back about 10 days later and offered the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was given an offer, but there was no room for negotiation. Still, it was a decent offer and I'm happy I picked Yazaki.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yazaki.

Interview

2 interviews total Question #1- Are you able to travel both domestic and internationally? Question #2-How do you think you will be able to transition to the automotive industry?

Negotiation

They asked my salary that another company was offering and said to give them a couple of hours and they would ensure they beat that offer. Within a couple of hours I received a phone call and the offer was more than expected.

Wire Harness Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

1. given two drawings orthographic to front, top and side views and 2. vice versa of 1 3. why yazaki.? 4. what do you know about yazaki.? 5. tell me about your self.? 6. tell me about your role as team player and team leader.? 7. any work you did on your car.? 8. most of the questions are based on your resume and behavioral.? 9. salary expectations.? 10. how are we doing interviewing.? 11. tell me about your strengths and weakness.? 12. if we contact your previous employer what will they say good and bad about you.? 13. which areas do you think you need to improve.? 14. how will you tell a person who is not doing a great job and make the work done.?

Interview Questions

• why tennis ball has fuzz.?   1 Answer

Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yazaki (Edwardsville, IL).

Interview

You interview with a temp agency and then work for how ever long they want until you are hired directly if you don't quit or get fired before then

Interview Questions

• Interview was very simple. Supervisor was not skilled enough to interview and had very little experience with doing so. Questions would come from the basic interview style when reading it off the internet. If you were fashionable and could suck up you would get the job. That is what she looked for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. You took what was offered.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yazaki (Canton, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview started out formal, and quickly became and informal discussion about the position and how I would fit in with the group.

Negotiation

They came correct with the offer. It was essentially what I was looking for.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yazaki in August 2012.

Interview

Started the interview Social skill questions, "Asking about strengths and weakness”, "Tell me about yourself", and “When did you have to work in a team like environment”. Then asked past experiences (projects or work), and my availability. Last, if I was asked if I was interested in co/op and possible extension during the school year and after college. Interview took a few hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Liked offer.