Yellow Book USA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.8

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yellow Book USA (Chesterfield, MO) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted, via phone for an initial interview. I was, later, contacted, again, via phone for an interview with the Territory Manager. I was, then, brought in for a face to face interview with the Territory Manager. After that, I was brought in, again, for a face to face interview with the Regional Manager. I, also, had to submit to a drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time or situation, in which, you had to overcome adversity.   1 Answer

Media Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yellow Book USA (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

It was very easy. The hiring manager was simply trying to observe the personality of the prospect. The interview was casual. Talked about past sales experience. Talked about college athletics. Talked about personal and professional goals. Talked about family.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yellow Book USA (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2011.

Interview

Called from out of state. They were very impressed with my resume & experience in the field. I flew out at my expense (I was moving to their city). The interview was low key. My experience in the industry helped get the job. An offer was made within a week. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Account Executive/Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yellow Book USA (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

It was about as good as things get, in my opinion. They expect much, but they deliver so much! Prepare as you would for any serious interview in sales and you'll do fine. Be punctual, professional, upbeat and excited about what you will be doing. If you love outside sales you cannot go wrong working for Yellow Book! The advancement opportunities were also very good. They definitely promote from within!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. It was not necessary.