Yelp

Average Difficulty
236 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Yelp.

Interview Details – I got skype interview, and you have to role play. There were three managers, and asked you to role play. It's not difficult but preparing yourself. They are pretty nice and after you role play, and they will give you feedback. You can learn a lot and skills from their feedback.

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Yelp in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to Yelp for the New Grad AE position in AZ at like 9 AM one day. By the afternoon, I already got a reply asking to set up an initial phone call. The initial call was just a little bit about me, my current location, and why Yelp. I was then asked to set up a Skype call later that week. The Skype video conference took about 50 min (each of the two role plays took 20 min with a 2 or 3-min break in between them). I thought they went well, but I got a rejection email a few days later. Oh well.

Interviewed at Yelp

Interview Details – The first interview is a phone screening, be prepared to talk about the advertising product, and to speak about what interests you in the job. The person who is interviewing you is looking to see how well you know their product and how well you can communicate over the phone.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you have failed and how did you recover from it?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yelp in August 2013.

Interview Details – First, they call you on the phone and it's very casual. They just make sure you sound good enough. Then they schedule a Skype or in person interview where you meet with 3 people from Sales upper management. All 3 of the guys who interviewed me had different styles, and we all did a lot of role play.

Interview Question – The first guy acted as a pretty difficult gatekeeper. He also mentioned that a lot of people we call don't know what Yelp is which I found interesting.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took an offer elsewhere.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yelp.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone interview with in three weeks. The interviewer really grilled me with some tough questions and the interview was very fast paced. I was asked basic questions about my resume and what I knew about Yelp. Other questions included telling the interviewer a specific individual achievement and a time where I had failed.

Interview Question – A role play scenario where I had been trying to call a business owner all week and he/she had missed my call 3 times and not called me back. Leave a message and tell me what you say to the business owner   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yelp.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email a few days later saying they wanted to set up a phone interview with me. I went through the phone interview and they basically wanted a little introduction about myself, why I was interested in Yelp and standard screening questions of that sort. They also had me role play with them to see how the tone of my voice was when speaking to potential clients as well as how I would be at cold calling. I ended up passing the phone interview and moved on to the on-site interview. The interview consisted of three different people in three sessions so basically three interviews in about an hour. Each interview was similar, a role play at the end and just a screening in the beginning to see why you would want to do cold call sales. I never had to sell a product as previously mentioned although I was ready for it! After the interview, a few days later I was contacted saying that they were moving on with more qualified applicants.

Interview Question – Why would you want to do cold call sales if the success rate of closing a deal is only like 20%?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Yelp

Interview Details – Make sure you know a lot about the company. They ask several questions about your knowledge of the position and they request that you research. Make sure you know a lot about the company. They ask several questions about your knowledge of the position and they request that you research.

Interview Question – What do you know about the position?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Yelp.

Interview Details – The interview process seemed to move quite quickly a few days after I applied I was emailed about a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. Reviewing the material the human resources rep sent before hand really helped. They asked "Why Yelp?" and asked me to do a role play. The role play was leaving a voicemail for a client that has been missing previous appointments. I was asked to come in to the office for an in person interview. The in person interview was a panel interview. I was put into a small room and the interviewers roasted in. Some of the questions they asked me was "what is the hardest thing you have done recently?" "What's the difference between the current company you worked for and Yelp." "Tell me about me about a time where you really messed something up at work?" Each interviewer asked me to do a role play. They interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you screwed something up?   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied online and interviewed at Yelp.

Interview Details – Got a phone interview which was very easy then had a skype interview with 3 different managers. Had to do a role play in each one. Make sure to know about yelp and the product it sells. Look up various cold calling scenarios before the interview.

Interview Question – Why Sales?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yelp.

Interview Details – Submitted Application through career center website. Within 2 days I had an email to set up a phone interview. It was under 10 minutes and we had a very casual conversation about the company and why I wanted to work at Yelp doing sales and a few questions about my resume. Pretty standard stuff, no curveballs. End of the phone interview immediately scheduled an in-person interview at Yelp the following week. Met with 3 Sales Managers. Each about 15 minutes and had a different role play: #1 Working for Yelp, pretend Im a pizza place and try to get the manager on the phone. #2 Im calling in to cancel my advertisement with yelp, try and talk me out of it. #3 Sell me something of your choice--product, movie, realy anything.... First one was by far the most difficult but they just want you to take their criticism and use it to progress throughout the interviews. Be yourself and take into account their advice and use it!!! Very relaxed environment-- interviewed in Khaki's and a button up and was easily propoerly dressed

Interview Question – Give me an example of you using persuasion.   Answer Question

Worked for Yelp? Contribute to the Community!