Yelp

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

287 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yelp.

It seemed like less of an interview process and more like a screening process. It feels as though they just want to make sure youre interested and not totally stupid. Most people get offered jobs and the "interview" process is fairly easy. They are very transparent about what to expect, which I really appreciated.

Interview Questions

I am still considering other options

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Account Executive Interview

A few standard phone interviews, followed by a in person interview that involved a good amount of role playing. They want to see you make adjustments based upon their feedback.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yelp.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. First I had a phone screen type of interview that was basic. Then a full phone interview, again not too difficult just getting to know me. Then finally a Skype interview that was one hour. There were two role playing scenarios. Know how to talk to a client and pitch the product

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yelp.

Interview with three different people. Each time you must perform a make believe sales pitch regarding a product of your choice, yelp itslelf. Different behavioral and basic interview questions.

Account Executive Interview

After sending in my resume I was contacted about 2 weeks later to set up a 20 minute phone interview. During this first interview you are asked basic questions about information sent to you weeks prior and are told immediately after if you'll be interviewed again. The second is either in person or through skipe and you meet with 3 separate people. they ask a variety of typical interview questions as well as role playing setting an appointment with a small business owner to discuss advertising.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you faced challenges and overcame those challenges.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yelp.

Phone interview is first and then in person/skype interview with three current employees that rotate every 20-30 mins. Overall around an hour and hour and half.. Very fast hiring and interview process all within 2 weeks you will interview and hear back

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview very simple, simple personal questions and ending with one role play with feedback
      In person/skype .. all role-playing and why Yelp? IMPLEMENT FEEDBACK. You don't need to know the right answer as long as you implement feedback

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yelp in December 2014.

I applied through my college via a recruiter. I followed up with her after an on-campus event, and she took my resume and uploaded it to their database. About a week later, I received an email regarding a phone interview.
    The interview process starts with an initial phone screening, lasting roughly 10 minutes. The phone interview is nothing crazy, just want to make sure you can hold a conversation and talk a little bit about yourself. Afterwards, I received an email to schedule a Skype Interview two weeks down the road.
    Had my Skype interview and I met with 2 sales managers. The whole interview lasted roughly 50 minutes. The first sales manager got right down to business, asking questions about my past experiences, biggest success, weakness, etc. Then we did a role play. I did poorly the first time, but she gave me feedback and asked me to do it again. I improved the second time, and she was very happy I IMPLEMENTED HER FEEDBACK. About 5 minutes later, I met with the second sales manager. She, too, was very serious and wanted to get right down to business. She asked me what feedback I had received from the previous manager, and asked me a bunch of standard questions (name a stressful time in your life, a time where you wanted to give up, etc.) Then we did another role play, which I did rather well on. All in all, take their feedback seriously and be conversational. If for the role play, you come out guns blazing pitching all the benefits of Yelp, you'll sound too much like you're selling advertising and they won't dig it.

Interview Questions
    • Schedule a phone appointment with a client
      Convince a client to use Yelp instead of other advertising

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yelp.

Overall good experience. During the interview process the sales department has you go through a phone interview and then Skype or in person interview (I'm assuming based on location). During both they give you role play scenarios where you have to cold call someone. It's not hard, but you do have to practice and take their advice seriously.

Interview Questions
    • Call a local business and convince them to subscribe to yelp (the business however doesn't want the product or care about it).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Yelp.

First Contact after applying: seems to check if you are not crazy and you know about the job.
    Second contact: panel interview. Mine was on skype, so one person interviews you and then they leave the room, then the next, then the next. (3 people total) be prepared to do some role plays of cold calling especially closing... He was a tough cookie and would not budge. Be mildly aggressive with getting the deal.
    Third Contact: Background check, and webinar explaining pay structure.

Interview Questions
    • Role play: You have a business owner who you presented to last week and he said he needed some time to think. You are calling to close the deal.

Interviewer: will be subborn says no, says he will put a local print ad, says he does not have the money

Interviewee: Must close, be more confident, flat out say we need to sign you up basically for advertising with us.

Answer Question

PAY my first year is too low compared to other companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Yelp.

Applied on Yelp's website and was e-mailed a few days later to take a quick online test. Then I was called a few days later for a phone interview and then came into the SF office for an in-person interview with 3 hiring managers. They allocated 20min time slots to do a one-on-one interview with each of the hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • A company tells you that they need a few days to think about the Yelp service you are selling them. A few days later you call them back and they say that they still need more time. At this point you know that they are just trying to avoid you but you need to meet your quota. How do you approach the conversation?   Answer Question
    You can't negotiate. You have to take what you get.