Yelp

Yelp Associate Account Executive Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yelp in September 2012.

The process was pretty easy. First thing was applying online. The phone interview came probably a little less than a week after I applied.

The phone interview was pretty standard. Just be yourself and you'll be fine. It really is about getting to know you and getting a feel for your personality.

The in person interview was a few days later. The process was pretty fast. I met three people, and they were all very nice, and had been in the position I was applying for.

Be prepared for mock calls and to sell an item in the room you are in, such as the phone or a piece of paper. (not kidding).

The mock calls are just with the person interviewing you. They pretend to be a business owner, and before you do it, they give you a little coaching, and coach you after you've given it a try.

The best thing to do is be yourself. It's a pretty laud back environment, so if you want more structure and ceremony, Yelp is probably not for you.

Even though it is laid back, dress to impress for your interview, and let them know you take the process seriously.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yelp in June 2012.

Sent in my resume after finding the Job posting online for ad sales. After a few days I received an email from a recruiter asking when was a good time to speak over the phone. We set that up then on that day one of the managers called me. She asked what I knew about the company and a few more questions about how I would handle a sales job. She then asked me to come in for an on-site interview.

I showed up at the NY office and immediately noticed what an awesome environment it was. People were busy working but it was laid back and fun. They had 3 different managers come in one at a time and ask questions. Most of them were role playing and asking what I would do in certain situations. Took about half an hour maybe.

I got a call maybe a week or 2 later giving me an offer. I accepted and am now working in the September class!

Interview Questions
    • The role playing for me was a bit difficult because I didn't have any sales experience, but they're really good at helping you out if you're stuck.   Answer Question
    They sent over the paperwork and I signed. Since its my first post-grad job there was no negotiation but once you learn about the program you realize there's potential for a raise within a few months!