Yelp

Average Difficulty
674 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Yelp.

Interview Details – I got skype interview, and you have to role play. There were three managers, and asked you to role play. It's not difficult but preparing yourself. They are pretty nice and after you role play, and they will give you feedback. You can learn a lot and skills from their feedback.

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Yelp in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to Yelp for the New Grad AE position in AZ at like 9 AM one day. By the afternoon, I already got a reply asking to set up an initial phone call. The initial call was just a little bit about me, my current location, and why Yelp. I was then asked to set up a Skype call later that week. The Skype video conference took about 50 min (each of the two role plays took 20 min with a 2 or 3-min break in between them). I thought they went well, but I got a rejection email a few days later. Oh well.

Linux Administrator Interview

Linux Administrator
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Yelp in July 2014.

Interview Details – I scheduled a first interview time well in advance, but they didn't call me. I never ever received an email explaining why the HR manager couldn't get hold of me either. The initial response was very fast, but that was it... Poor HR process/employees, I guess...

Interview Question – Never got a chance to answer   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Sales Development Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yelp.

Interview Details – The hiring process is with three different sales managers. They ask you situational questions (tell me about a time when). From there they have you do sales roleplay. You do the same with each manager and they ask you to implement whatever feedback the previous manager gave you. They look forward to you having a positive can do attitude.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were on the last day and booked no revenue.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just 36k base salary and you are eligible for commission after you book 75k in revenue.

Interviewed at Yelp

Interview Details – The first interview is a phone screening, be prepared to talk about the advertising product, and to speak about what interests you in the job. The person who is interviewing you is looking to see how well you know their product and how well you can communicate over the phone.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you have failed and how did you recover from it?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering

Interviewed at Yelp

Interview Details – Interviewed from campus recruiting January 2014. One round of Skype interviews and then another in person. Everything went pretty smoothly, the office is really nice. Questions were a bit hard (I worked with javascript, html, css, unix, etc.), but other than that I greatly enjoyed the process. The recruiter didn't return calls very often.

Interview Question – Port of HTTP   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yelp in August 2013.

Interview Details – First, they call you on the phone and it's very casual. They just make sure you sound good enough. Then they schedule a Skype or in person interview where you meet with 3 people from Sales upper management. All 3 of the guys who interviewed me had different styles, and we all did a lot of role play.

Interview Question – The first guy acted as a pretty difficult gatekeeper. He also mentioned that a lot of people we call don't know what Yelp is which I found interesting.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took an offer elsewhere.

AE Interview

AE
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Yelp in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied thru career builder ad, received call to do phone interview within days. Very easy, basic. Asked questions pertaining to my knowledge of company and such as well as my past sales experience. Scheduled live interview...interviewed by 3 managers, 3 very young and inexperienced managers. (Well one may have known what he was doing or it was just his confidence that was way high:) they asked nothing of past experiences, only wanted to role play. Didn't seem to like when I asked questions about company as if I didn't have the right to ask questions as well. Very odd, if it wasn't role play, they didn't seem to know how to act. It was hard to hear even with doors shut as sales floor was far to loud. How can you behave professionally when your potential clients are hearing screaming and laughing in background. I was informed you can drink beer on job. Isn't that a lawsuit when an employee gets a DUI on way home. The environment is extremely young, thus drinking beer and playing ping ping at work! A mature person who is serious about their career would want nothing to do with this environment. If under 27 apply, although 27 may be a bit old even. The people were friendly and friendly enough that when I ran into a girl outside and asked how she liked it she have me the scoop. She said people mostly nice, managers to young with no experience, product failing customers and it was more of a day care than a job, said fun was foremost pushed and made hard to do job. if you want to put your head down, not play, but work and make money the loud crazy environment was a distraction. Pretty much what you c when you walk in! Also HIGH TURNOVER, said they fire people for no apparent reason. The experience was eye opening for a professional sales person.

Interview Question – What is your favorite computer type device and sell it   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yelp.

Interview Details – First, I received an Email that Yelp wants to interview me. A few days later I talked to a very nice lady on the phone for about 15 minutes. She asked me about my customer service experience and my salary expectations. At the end of the call she told me that she would like to schedule another skype interview. The Skype interview was ok. I spoke to 2 very nice guys, with each for about 30 minutes. They both were very easy to talk to. They asked me a few personality questions and then did 2 role plays.

Interview Question – Tell me about what you expect of the Account Manager position. What are you most excited about and what are you the most scared about.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yelp.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone interview with in three weeks. The interviewer really grilled me with some tough questions and the interview was very fast paced. I was asked basic questions about my resume and what I knew about Yelp. Other questions included telling the interviewer a specific individual achievement and a time where I had failed.

Interview Question – A role play scenario where I had been trying to call a business owner all week and he/she had missed my call 3 times and not called me back. Leave a message and tell me what you say to the business owner   Answer Question

Worked for Yelp? Contribute to the Community!