Yelp

Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.1

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Junior Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Yelp.

It starts with a short phone screening and a role play. This is followed by a few other interviews, ( mine were Skype) . There are more role plays each round, but the rest of the questions are pretty basic and are just about your background and interest in Yelp.

Interview Questions
  • Role plays, but they coach you through them and really are just seeing if you are competent enough to hold the conversation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Yelp in August 2014.

They bring you in a room and three different interviewers come in one at a time. They do a role play as well as ask behavioral questions. The role play they want you to first try to just make an appointment with a business owner- they want you to ask questions then be assertive with setting a date and time. The second role play they want you to convince a business owner to use yelp even though they say they don't have money. Again, ask open ended questions. Third role play they ask you to sell them anything you're passionate about.

Junior Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yelp.

They seemed eager to get you through the interview process. I was contacted by the recruiter a few days after sending in my resume, and had my first interview a few days after that. They offered me the final round interview on the spot, and I did that two days later.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward questions about sales. Nothing difficult or out of the norm.   Answer Question

=

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yelp.

First had a basic phone interview then met with three sales managers.

Interview Questions
    • Last role play, had to do one that I needed to improve on.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Yelp.

I applied to the job online, submitting a cover letter and resume online. The next day I received an email requesting a short, 15 minute phone interview. The phone interview felt like a refreshingly genuine interaction with a person--it mitigated all the typical interview questions. Next, I was asked to conduct an hour Skype interview with three managers at the location I was being considered. In this interview, I was asked, among other questions, to practice sales pitches as a future account executive. The exercise is really great in putting you in the shoes of what you will be doing in the day-to-day activities of the job. Each interviewer provides feedback, which you are asked to implement in the next pitch.

Interview Questions
    • If you do not have a background in sales, they will notice and really push you to convince them why you want to enter the field.   Answer Question

I realized I wanted to pursue another field of interest outside of sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Yelp.

Applied online, had a phone interview that lasted about 10 min with just basic background questions then came in for a face-to-face interview with three hiring managers. I met with each manager individually and answered a few more background questions but the majority of the interview was sales role playing.

Interview Questions
    • I'm a mechanic in Little Rock, Arkansas, sell me Yelp.   Answer Question

Junior Account Executive Interview

Easy. Apply, phone screen, in person interview with 3 managers.

No negotiations.

Junior Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yelp.

The first interview was done over the phone and last only about 15 minutes. Basically they ask you why sales, why you are right for sales, and why you want to work for Yelp. They are looking for you to be direct, assertive, and well-spoken. Second interview is either on site or via Skype if you are from out of town. You meet with three sales managers and have to do sales call role playing. They want you to implement feedback from each of the managers and steadily improve as you go along. They dont expect you to be perfect but they expect you to take their advice and apply it.

Interview Questions
    • Convince me as a sales owner why I should chose to advertise with yelp versus another company like google   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yelp in January 2013.

You first get an email to set up a phone interview and then they asked me when I could come and have an in person interview. You are interviewed by 3 different people, they were all very nice and the atmosphere there was very laid back, I wasn't nervous at all. They each go through asking you questions about why yelp, past experience, what you want to do with your life, positive sales qualities you have, etc. Then they each role played with me 2 different scenarios. You need to listen to the feedback you are given because they will ask you specific questions about that. The role playing was fun, just make sure you know a lot about the company and remember to make sure you either set up a meeting with the "potential client" or close the deal.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this phone (it was an office phone that was sitting on the desk) the interviewer definitely made it difficult to do   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Applied to the company through jobvite and a few weeks later was contacted to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was standard- just have a general idea of what you would do as an account executive and what yelp does and you will be invited into the office.

Glassdoor gave me a good sense of what to expect- 3 different managers, each of which did a different role play exercise. Due to the fact that it was my first interview I came in pretty nervous, and did not end up getting the job. Just focus on being relaxed and CLOSE. All three managers were very laid back and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • I am a business who is not interested in Yelp advertising- convince me otherwise.   Answer Question