Yelp Marketing Intern Interview Questions

2.5

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

I submitted my resume in April of 2013 and was hired in June. The Yelp community manager was super friendly and we actually got to know one another before I ever had an official interview. We met at a Starbucks and it was super casual. She asked typical job interview questions, none of which threw me for a loop or anything. She told me she would email me a writing assignment to complete as the last part of the process.

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp in February 2012.

Interview

The third time I interviewed with a community manager about the Marketing intern position (all different cities). Each experience is completely different so don't read this and expect to know what's coming. One time was just a phone call to explain the job and to meet up to get a feel for your personality. The second one was all via email and then to meet up. Asked some straightforward questions, "why do you want to work for yelp" etc but wasn't too hard. Third one was a phone interview and a meet up. Most of all community managers just want to see if you fit the Yelp profile, which can range depending on your CM. Read the Yelp blog, newsletter, and Twitter of your city and do your best to try to match that tone. Interview questions, method, and style is all up to your CM though. Generally they just want passionate people who will commit and do the work. One CM wanted an experienced Yelper, one hired an intern who didn't even have a profile. My suggestion is just to completely fill out your profile before submitting the application so they can get a feel for your writing style. They will ask you to fill out a profile if you didn't already anyways before interviewing.

Interview Questions