Yelp

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager - Intern Interview

Product Manager - Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yelp in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through school's careers website. First round was a skills test asking me to redesign a particular feature. Then came a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Then went for on-site interview in which I talked to more than one of their FT PMs.

My recruiter was fantastic. Every one of my emails was responded to within a few hours.

Interview Question – How would you go about designing an interface for platform X?   Answer Question

Product Manager Intern Interview

Product Manager Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yelp in March 2012.

Interview Details – First step was a test to redesign a feature for Yelp.

Recruiter emailed me asking for a phone interview. I was interviewed by a someone from the Product team. The interview consisted of mainly technical knowledge questions e.g. "what is cacheing?" etc. I answered the questions correctly, and was confident in enforcing my resume.

Received a phone call to ask how the first interview was and schedule another interview. Recruiter said this interview would be more “analytical,” but the interview was actually a regular “what did you do at X?”, “describe a project you did at Y” kind of interview.

Recruiter emailed saying I was not accepted to the internship.

Interview Questions

Product Manager Intern Interview

Product Manager Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yelp in March 2012.

Interview Details – Initial application followed by casual phone interview with HR about background, interests, and what I was looking for out of the internship. This was followed by a design test where I had to design a mock-up of a problem presented regarding the current Yelp product.

Interview Question – Yelp sent a design test and wanted a mock-up solution to the problem outlined in the test.   Answer Question

Worked for Yelp? Contribute to the Community!