Yelp

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager - Intern Interview

Product Manager - Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yelp in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through school's careers website. First round was a skills test asking me to redesign a particular feature. Then came a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Then went for on-site interview in which I talked to more than one of their FT PMs.

My recruiter was fantastic. Every one of my emails was responded to within a few hours.

Interview Question – How would you go about designing an interface for platform X?   Answer Question

Product Manager Intern Interview

Product Manager Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yelp in March 2012.

Interview Details – First step was a test to redesign a feature for Yelp.

Recruiter emailed me asking for a phone interview. I was interviewed by a someone from the Product team. The interview consisted of mainly technical knowledge questions e.g. "what is cacheing?" etc. I answered the questions correctly, and was confident in enforcing my resume.

Received a phone call to ask how the first interview was and schedule another interview. Recruiter said this interview would be more “analytical,” but the interview was actually a regular “what did you do at X?”, “describe a project you did at Y” kind of interview.

Recruiter emailed saying I was not accepted to the internship.

Interview Questions

Product Manager Intern Interview

Product Manager Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yelp in March 2012.

Interview Details – Initial application followed by casual phone interview with HR about background, interests, and what I was looking for out of the internship. This was followed by a design test where I had to design a mock-up of a problem presented regarding the current Yelp product.

Interview Question – Yelp sent a design test and wanted a mock-up solution to the problem outlined in the test.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yelp

Worked for Yelp? Contribute to the Community!

Yelp Videos

Yelp – Why Work for Us?

Yelp (NYSE: YELP) connects people with great local businesses. Yelp was founded in San Francisco in July 2004. Since then, Yelp communities have taken root in major metros across the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, France… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yelp Product Manager Intern interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Yelp employees and interview candidates.