Yelp Product Manager Intern Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Manager - Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yelp in April 2012.

Applied through school's careers website. First round was a skills test asking me to redesign a particular feature. Then came a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Then went for on-site interview in which I talked to more than one of their FT PMs.

My recruiter was fantastic. Every one of my emails was responded to within a few hours.

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about designing an interface for platform X?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Product Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Yelp in March 2012.

First step was a test to redesign a feature for Yelp.

Recruiter emailed me asking for a phone interview. I was interviewed by a someone from the Product team. The interview consisted of mainly technical knowledge questions e.g. "what is cacheing?" etc. I answered the questions correctly, and was confident in enforcing my resume.

Received a phone call to ask how the first interview was and schedule another interview. Recruiter said this interview would be more “analytical,” but the interview was actually a regular “what did you do at X?”, “describe a project you did at Y” kind of interview.

Recruiter emailed saying I was not accepted to the internship.

Product Manager Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yelp in March 2012.

Initial application followed by casual phone interview with HR about background, interests, and what I was looking for out of the internship. This was followed by a design test where I had to design a mock-up of a problem presented regarding the current Yelp product.

Interview Questions
    • Yelp sent a design test and wanted a mock-up solution to the problem outlined in the test.   Answer Question

Worked for Yelp? Contribute to the Community!