Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Yelp
- Account Executive (360)
- Software Engineer (141)
- Software Engineer Intern (47)
- Account Manager (39)
- Software Engineering (23)
- Account Executive Sales (20)
- Junior Account Executive (14)
- Software Engineering Intern (14)
- Sales (11)
- Community Manager (11)
- Product Manager (10)
- Associate Account Executive (9)
- Sales Trainee (7)
- Software Engineer (Web Developer) (6)
- Software Engineer New Grad (6)
- Software Engineer - New Grad (6)
- Back-end Software Engineer (6)
- Sales Manager (6)
- UI Designer (5)
- Intern (5)
- Marketing (4)
- Marketing Intern (4)
- Sales Executive (4)
- Sales Intern (4)
- Software Developer (4)
- User Operations Associate (4)
- Search and Data Mining Engineer (3)
- Software Engineer Internship (3)
- Software Engineering Internship (3)
- Data Scientist (3)
Product Manager - Intern Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.
Applied through school's careers website. First round was a skills test asking me to redesign a particular feature. Then came a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Then went for on-site interview in which I talked to more than one of their FT PMs.
My recruiter was fantastic. Every one of my emails was responded to within a few hours.
- How would you go about designing an interface for platform X? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Yelp
Product Manager Intern InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.
First step was a test to redesign a feature for Yelp.
Recruiter emailed me asking for a phone interview. I was interviewed by a someone from the Product team. The interview consisted of mainly technical knowledge questions e.g. "what is cacheing?" etc. I answered the questions correctly, and was confident in enforcing my resume.
Received a phone call to ask how the first interview was and schedule another interview. Recruiter said this interview would be more “analytical,” but the interview was actually a regular “what did you do at X?”, “describe a project you did at Y” kind of interview.
Recruiter emailed saying I was not accepted to the internship.
- Describe the process you would take in designing Yelp’s new application for TVs. Answer Question
- What is cacheing? Answer Question
- How would you investigate why the Yelp website is slow? Answer Question
- Walk me through your resume. Answer Question
- Tell me more about what you did at X. Answer Question
Product Manager Intern InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Yelp in March 2012.
Initial application followed by casual phone interview with HR about background, interests, and what I was looking for out of the internship. This was followed by a design test where I had to design a mock-up of a problem presented regarding the current Yelp product.
- Yelp sent a design test and wanted a mock-up solution to the problem outlined in the test. Answer Question