Yelp Product Manager Intern Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Account Executive (234)
- Software Engineer (101)
- Software Engineer Intern (48)
- Account Manager (31)
- Software Engineering (18)
- Software Engineering Intern (14)
- Junior Account Executive (11)
- Community Manager (10)
- Sales (9)
- Account Executive Sales (8)
- Product Manager (7)
- Sales Manager (6)
- Associate Account Executive (6)
- Sales Trainee (6)
- Software Engineer - New Grad (6)
- Back-end Software Engineer (5)
- Intern (4)
- Marketing Intern (4)
- Sales Intern (4)
- Software Engineer New Grad (4)
- Software Engineer Internship (3)
- Software Engineering Internship (3)
- Sales Executive (3)
- Summer Intern (3)
- Front End Engineer (3)
- Associate Sales Manager (3)
- AE (3)
- Technical Recruiting Coordinator (3)
- New Grad Account Executive (2)
- New Grad Software Engineer (2)
Product Manager - Intern Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yelp in April 2012.
Interview Details – Applied through school's careers website. First round was a skills test asking me to redesign a particular feature. Then came a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Then went for on-site interview in which I talked to more than one of their FT PMs.
My recruiter was fantastic. Every one of my emails was responded to within a few hours.
Interview Question – How would you go about designing an interface for platform X? Answer Question
Product Manager Intern Interview (Neutral Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yelp in March 2012.
Interview Details – First step was a test to redesign a feature for Yelp.
Recruiter emailed me asking for a phone interview. I was interviewed by a someone from the Product team. The interview consisted of mainly technical knowledge questions e.g. "what is cacheing?" etc. I answered the questions correctly, and was confident in enforcing my resume.
Received a phone call to ask how the first interview was and schedule another interview. Recruiter said this interview would be more “analytical,” but the interview was actually a regular “what did you do at X?”, “describe a project you did at Y” kind of interview.
Recruiter emailed saying I was not accepted to the internship.
- Describe the process you would take in designing Yelp’s new application for TVs. Answer Question
- What is cacheing? Answer Question
- How would you investigate why the Yelp website is slow? Answer Question
- Walk me through your resume. Answer Question
- Tell me more about what you did at X. Answer Question
Product Manager Intern Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yelp in March 2012.
Interview Details – Initial application followed by casual phone interview with HR about background, interests, and what I was looking for out of the internship. This was followed by a design test where I had to design a mock-up of a problem presented regarding the current Yelp product.
Interview Question – Yelp sent a design test and wanted a mock-up solution to the problem outlined in the test. Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at Yelp