Yelp

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yelp.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward overall. For me it was a phone interview and then one over skype. They asked me a lot about the products they offer. Then they had me go through a scenario where I was a yelp employee and had to talk to a business owner about the importance of yelp toward the business. Interviewer was pretty passive overall and he didn't seem like he was interested in what he was doing. All I saw this was an opportunity to get more experience interviewing.

Interview Question – Sell me something. Anything.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Yelp

Interview Details – Phone Interview.
Lovely interviewer.
20-30 minute call.
Asked why I wanted to be in a high-volume cold calling position.

Interview Question – Asked if I had any questions   Answer Question

Interview Details – Typical as previously described interview

Interview Question – Roleplaying. The person interviewing was the hiring manager rather than the expected recruiter.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at Yelp in June 2012.

Interview Details – It was a nice interview. They asked me questions and I answered them. They told me about the company and I listened. It was a good experience. I enjoyed it a lot.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was when they asked me about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Yelp in March 2010.

Interview Details – Horrible process. Unprofessional interview team. Did not seem interested in what I wanted to say. Seemed like they were just looking for bodies in seats.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – More money, better benefits, smaller company.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Yelp in June 2009.

Interview Details – Fairly straightforward sales interview, I believe I wasn't made an offer because I was too low energy. Met with a total of 3 people, 2 of them just asked the standard set of questions, one person had me role play a call with a lead. Position had base salary with commission. The sales floor seemed young and fairly intense.

Interview Question – Role play through a first call with a potential lead.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Yelp

Interview Details – after applying they do a phone interview and if you are chosen you get called for a main interview. I was interviewed by 3 people separately during the interview i was asked to sell a product. Interview was pretty fair and appropriate for the job.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sales

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yelp in November 2011.

Interview Details – First It was in person on campus interview. Then it was on skype. I nailed the in person interiview! I really did not like the skype interview. The mangers seemed like they did not care what I said! They do so many interviews they don't care about you! It was the worst interview of my life!

Very Difficult Interview

Sales

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Yelp in May 2010.

Interview Details – crazy i have a huge amount of sales exp and im a new college grad and went through 7 interviews and never heard back form them and then 2 months later i got an email asking me if i wanted to come into an interview what a joke dont apply unless your desperate or have exp in internet marketing and want in on yelp's growing moolah.

Interview Question – pitch me right now   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yelp

Worked for Yelp? Contribute to the Community!

Yelp Videos

Yelp – Why Work for Us?

Yelp (NYSE: YELP) connects people with great local businesses. Yelp was founded in San Francisco in July 2004. Since then, Yelp communities have taken root in major metros across the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, France… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yelp Sales interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Yelp employees and interview candidates.