Yelp Sales Interview Questions & Reviews

9 interviews

3.6

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Yelp.

Pretty straightforward overall. For me it was a phone interview and then one over skype. They asked me a lot about the products they offer. Then they had me go through a scenario where I was a yelp employee and had to talk to a business owner about the importance of yelp toward the business. Interviewer was pretty passive overall and he didn't seem like he was interested in what he was doing. All I saw this was an opportunity to get more experience interviewing.

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Phone Interview.
    Lovely interviewer.
    20-30 minute call.
    Asked why I wanted to be in a high-volume cold calling position.

Sales Interview

Typical as previously described interview

Interview Questions
    • Roleplaying. The person interviewing was the hiring manager rather than the expected recruiter.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Yelp in June 2012.

It was a nice interview. They asked me questions and I answered them. They told me about the company and I listened. It was a good experience. I enjoyed it a lot.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was when they asked me about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Yelp in March 2010.

Horrible process. Unprofessional interview team. Did not seem interested in what I wanted to say. Seemed like they were just looking for bodies in seats.

Interview Questions

More money, better benefits, smaller company.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Yelp in June 2009.

Fairly straightforward sales interview, I believe I wasn't made an offer because I was too low energy. Met with a total of 3 people, 2 of them just asked the standard set of questions, one person had me role play a call with a lead. Position had base salary with commission. The sales floor seemed young and fairly intense.

Sales Interview

after applying they do a phone interview and if you are chosen you get called for a main interview. I was interviewed by 3 people separately during the interview i was asked to sell a product. Interview was pretty fair and appropriate for the job.

Sales Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yelp in November 2011.

First It was in person on campus interview. Then it was on skype. I nailed the in person interiview! I really did not like the skype interview. The mangers seemed like they did not care what I said! They do so many interviews they don't care about you! It was the worst interview of my life!

Sales Interview

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Yelp in May 2010.

crazy i have a huge amount of sales exp and im a new college grad and went through 7 interviews and never heard back form them and then 2 months later i got an email asking me if i wanted to come into an interview what a joke dont apply unless your desperate or have exp in internet marketing and want in on yelp's growing moolah.

Interview Questions

Worked for Yelp? Contribute to the Community!