Yelp Sales Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

3.4

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yelp.

Interview

I applied online. About one month later, I received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The preliminary phone interview was quick. They asked me what I knew about Yelp/to describe Yelp, then gave me a scenario for a possible sales situation. After saying what I would do in the situation, I then had to do it again based on the feedback they gave.

Interview Questions

• If someone missed a meeting with you (a potential client), what would you say in the voicemail you leave them afterwards?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yelp (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

3 step process.
    First two interviews were over the phone.
    Third was over Skype.

The Skype call consisted of three different calls. You speak with 3 different representatives and they all give you an example and you have to pretend you are cold calling. Be sure to practice beforehand.

Interview Questions

• They give you examples and you need to pretend you are cold calling.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yelp (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received email from recruiter 2-3 days later scheduling a phone screen. It was pretty basic and went just as other reviews have already detailed, with the pizza place voicemail simulation. Following that, I received an email to set up an in-person interview. For simulations, the key is to ask questions so that the "clients" reveal their own problems, which you can then point out Yelp Advertising as the solution.

Interview Questions

• Simulate a conversation in which a potential client who has changed his mind and no longer wishes to work with Yelp Advertising.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Pretty straightforward overall. For me it was a phone interview and then one over skype. They asked me a lot about the products they offer. Then they had me go through a scenario where I was a yelp employee and had to talk to a business owner about the importance of yelp toward the business. Interviewer was pretty passive overall and he didn't seem like he was interested in what he was doing. All I saw this was an opportunity to get more experience interviewing.

Sales Interview

Interview

Phone Interview.
    Lovely interviewer.
    20-30 minute call.
    Asked why I wanted to be in a high-volume cold calling position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

applied online, passed the phone interview and scheduled a Skype interview, interviewed with three different people whole process was about an hour, position was a lot of cold calling. They were very nice. at the time applied to multiple yelp internships, and they asked why apply one internship over another (basic). Left room for a lot of my questions.

Interview Questions

• wanted me to present a sales pitch--repetitive, but did not ask for any sales knowledge....so a little challenging without any idea of how a sales pitch would go... they considered themselves to have different competitors then those listed online.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Yelp (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

3 different people interview you. Their will be one really mean interview to try to break you. One nice one and a second to see if you complain about al the others. They will have you sale yelp to them. Do your homework! Be positive and happy.

Interview Questions

• What would be your 30 second elevator pitch to get a appointment with me?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

Typical as previously described interview

Interview Questions

• Roleplaying. The person interviewing was the hiring manager rather than the expected recruiter.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

It was a nice interview. They asked me questions and I answered them. They told me about the company and I listened. It was a good experience. I enjoyed it a lot.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was when they asked me about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Horrible process. Unprofessional interview team. Did not seem interested in what I wanted to say. Seemed like they were just looking for bodies in seats.

Interview Questions

More money, better benefits, smaller company.