Yelp

Updated Nov 19, 2014

3.5

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yelp.

Pretty straightforward overall. For me it was a phone interview and then one over skype. They asked me a lot about the products they offer. Then they had me go through a scenario where I was a yelp employee and had to talk to a business owner about the importance of yelp toward the business. Interviewer was pretty passive overall and he didn't seem like he was interested in what he was doing. All I saw this was an opportunity to get more experience interviewing.

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Phone Interview.
    Lovely interviewer.
    20-30 minute call.
    Asked why I wanted to be in a high-volume cold calling position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yelp in April 2014.

applied online, passed the phone interview and scheduled a Skype interview, interviewed with three different people whole process was about an hour, position was a lot of cold calling. They were very nice. at the time applied to multiple yelp internships, and they asked why apply one internship over another (basic). Left room for a lot of my questions.

Interview Questions
    • wanted me to present a sales pitch--repetitive, but did not ask for any sales knowledge....so a little challenging without any idea of how a sales pitch would go... they considered themselves to have different competitors then those listed online.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Typical as previously described interview

Interview Questions
    • Roleplaying. The person interviewing was the hiring manager rather than the expected recruiter.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Yelp in June 2012.

It was a nice interview. They asked me questions and I answered them. They told me about the company and I listened. It was a good experience. I enjoyed it a lot.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was when they asked me about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yelp in March 2010.

Horrible process. Unprofessional interview team. Did not seem interested in what I wanted to say. Seemed like they were just looking for bodies in seats.

Interview Questions

More money, better benefits, smaller company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yelp in June 2009.

Fairly straightforward sales interview, I believe I wasn't made an offer because I was too low energy. Met with a total of 3 people, 2 of them just asked the standard set of questions, one person had me role play a call with a lead. Position had base salary with commission. The sales floor seemed young and fairly intense.

Sales Interview

after applying they do a phone interview and if you are chosen you get called for a main interview. I was interviewed by 3 people separately during the interview i was asked to sell a product. Interview was pretty fair and appropriate for the job.

Sales Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yelp in November 2011.

First It was in person on campus interview. Then it was on skype. I nailed the in person interiview! I really did not like the skype interview. The mangers seemed like they did not care what I said! They do so many interviews they don't care about you! It was the worst interview of my life!

Sales Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Yelp in May 2010.

crazy i have a huge amount of sales exp and im a new college grad and went through 7 interviews and never heard back form them and then 2 months later i got an email asking me if i wanted to come into an interview what a joke dont apply unless your desperate or have exp in internet marketing and want in on yelp's growing moolah.