Yeshiva University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yeshiva University

TA Interview

You have to go in knowing the class and knowing what is important to the teacher. It it not enough to know all of the matirial. You have to be excited about it as well. The teacher wants to have someone with passion as well. it pay to do your research. look at what other classes in other schools are doing and try to to show her those ideas. that shows intiative

Interview Questions
    • What would change about my teaching style   View Answer
    akward but open and understanding. if they want you, they will work with you.

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yeshiva University.

Interviewed with my immediate boss and one level up. Fairly straight forward. Expectations were expressed and abilities were probed.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated with HR. Don't be timid - they do their job, so you do yours. Will not affect your relationship with the boss.

Study Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yeshiva University in April 2010.

I was working in a similar setting in another state, so my interview was pretty much straight forward. Was asked about my skills, years of experience, expected salary, moving time. Was explained in detail about the work environment, contract and other expectations.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about grant writing experience and weekend availability.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yeshiva University in July 2008.

First contacted by HR & scheduled a "phone interview" that probably lasted 10 minutes, then we scheduled a 1:1 with another person in HR and that interview was very bizarre. Lastly, I interviewed with the department I had applied for & met their Executive Assistant & the Finance person.

Interview Questions
    • Would you have a problem understanding a different culture?   View Answer
    Nothing really. They told me what it paid and that's all they could offer, there was no room for negotiation but it was a step up in salary from where I was currently working.