Yeshiva University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yeshiva University

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

first round met HR, second round met web service manager and interactive director. About 70% are behavior questions, and 30%are technical questions. Nice conversation. Simple but professional. Q: Why do you think this position is good fit for you? What does you supervisor say about you?

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Simple and professional. An application to HR and then set up time with the party to whom you will report. Dean is wonderful and a real mentsch! I was most impressed with his honesty and integrity as he was willing to reveal the limitations of the position and the challenges one is likely to face.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to mesh your talents with this role   1 Answer

TA Interview

Interview

You have to go in knowing the class and knowing what is important to the teacher. It it not enough to know all of the matirial. You have to be excited about it as well. The teacher wants to have someone with passion as well. it pay to do your research. look at what other classes in other schools are doing and try to to show her those ideas. that shows intiative

Interview Questions

• What would change about my teaching style   1 Answer

Negotiation

akward but open and understanding. if they want you, they will work with you.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yeshiva University.

Interview

Interviewed with my immediate boss and one level up. Fairly straight forward. Expectations were expressed and abilities were probed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated with HR. Don't be timid - they do their job, so you do yours. Will not affect your relationship with the boss.

Study Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yeshiva University in April 2010.

Interview

I was working in a similar setting in another state, so my interview was pretty much straight forward. Was asked about my skills, years of experience, expected salary, moving time. Was explained in detail about the work environment, contract and other expectations.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about grant writing experience and weekend availability.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in July 2008.

Interview

First contacted by HR & scheduled a "phone interview" that probably lasted 10 minutes, then we scheduled a 1:1 with another person in HR and that interview was very bizarre. Lastly, I interviewed with the department I had applied for & met their Executive Assistant & the Finance person.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem understanding a different culture?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing really. They told me what it paid and that's all they could offer, there was no room for negotiation but it was a step up in salary from where I was currently working.