Yext Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

First I had an HR interview, then an over the phone technical interview of two questions, then an onsite interview consisting of three technical interviews and a behavior interview. The questions were not overly difficult and they help you through if you get stuck. I felt great after the interviews but was not offered a position.

Yext Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter, then in-person interview (invited at end of phone call), lots of background questions as to both sales and the company, and some personality questions as well

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the three most important traits for a salesman?   1 Answer

Yext Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

2 step process. Phone screen to see if I'd be a good candidate then I went in for a 2 hour interview with 5 people...went really went and was told I would hear shortly. In exactly a week I recieved an email that I got the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

Began with a simple phone conversation with one of the recruiters. It took another 2-3 weeks to set up an official interview with the hiring person/tech lead. I had a brief conversation with the recruiter who set up the interview, and he was more than helpful. During the actual interview, I had a mixed feeling because the guy practically didn't sound like he was interested in interviewing me. Usual questions: Why Yext? Why this position? Your career goal? and so on. The overall interview was a bit unorganized. I had a better conversation/interaction with the recruiter. I followed up immediately and received no responses from both recruiter and the interviewer. Two weeks later I found out that the interviewer decided not to move forward with my application process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter emailed me a few hours later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty basic with the typical type questions (tell me about yourself, etc). The next day the sent an in person interview request. I met with five people for about 15 minutes each. Basic questions were: tell me about yourself, why sales?, etc. Thinking I had a great interview process and was determined I got the job, they sent a automated decline the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The overall process was very pleasant. Started off with a typical background phone screening. I found this to be the hardest part just due to the nature of the conversation. The interviewer was very friendly and asked questions rapidly in order for you to react quickly and formulate proper responses. After the phone interview, I was asked to come into the company's office in NY for a 1:1 interview with multiple members of a team. Each interview was very pleasant, the employees there want to see you succeed and are not looking to stump you. They just want to know if you are the right fit for the position and that if you talk the talk, you can walk the walk. The office is unbelievable, the sales floor looks like something out of the Wolf of Wall Street, very competitive atmosphere. Super casual and lots of employee perks.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yext in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process were rounds of different phone and Skype interviews with the Recruiting Team and then follow-up conversation with different members of the Sales team. Most of the initial conversations discussed previous experiences and interests, and as the process continued they got more in depth about the different product offerings as well as personal interests in sales.

Client Service Role Interview

Interview

The hiring process was quite perturbing as the recruiter contacted me for an interview opportunity then wrote to me stating that they had cancelled the role.This type of recruitment practice displays a serious management flaw since the HR department is on a different page from the hiring department in terms of procuring new employees.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in interviewing with us if you resigned?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

Very straight forward. They want to see that you are quick on your feet and a person they will enjoy working with. There were no tricky questions. The phone interview was the hardest part the recruiter asked questions very quickly trying to throw you off. After that I was brought in to meet with 6 managers. This was straight forward just getting to know you type questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to convince a friend to do something they didn't want to do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

I sent my resume and they emailed me for a phone interview. The phone interview went well they offered me a second interview and it went really well. They asked me a couple of simple questions that you are asked in every interview(tell me about yourself, what do you have to offer, etc) They put me in a room and I waited for the second person and he was really cool and very easy going. The environment was very comfortable so it helped me a lot