Yext Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014
36 interviews

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yext.

get on the phone with a recruiter first to discuss qualifications. Days later one phone interview on integer to string problem. Then got to onsite, with 3 technical interviews and a behavioral.

YSA Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yext.

The interview process is very simple. You are interviewed by 3, maybe 4, different managers. As long as you can sell yourself, seem normal, and hold a conversation, the company will give you a shot. The questions are not overall difficult, but instead your basic interview questions. I.e., explain this, talk about that, tell me about yourself, etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yext in July 2013.

Applied at the Uncubed NY event and later online as well, got a response and a phone interview about 2 weeks after. Was later called in for an onsite interview. There were 4 technical interviews with a lunch in between. Some interviewers gave hints, while others sat in silence while you work on the problem.

Interview Questions
    • Questions involved maze search with obstacles, LCA of a node in a tree, largest contiguous sum of an array, dynamic algorithms to make change and debugging conway's game of life.   Answer Question

3 interviews

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince your friends to do something you didn't want to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Yext in January 2014.

I applied online and the next day received an email about a phone interview. Two days later I got a call for the phone interview, it took about ten minutes and was mostly questions about why I would be good for a sales position at yext. No curve ball questions the most difficult question was how do you handle rejection?

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle rejection from a potential client?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

They first give you an initial phone call. If you pass the phone call, then they will ask you to come up to have a face-to-face interview.

The face-to-face wasn't too bad. First you go in and fill out a bunch of paper works. Then you meet with about 3 managers, and they ask you the normal interview questions. However, because this is a sales job, your character really speaks more than your words. Be relaxed, have a conversation with them!

Then within a week, they will give you a call about whether or not you accept the position. They email you all of your tax forms and acceptance letter, describing all your benefits and your pay amount. You usually don't start right away, so you have some time to get settled into the city.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Yext.

I applied for a position online and heard back within a couple of days via email from someone in HR who set up a phone interview for the following week. I had never had sales experience at the time which wasnt a problem for this entry-level role. The interviewer spoke fast and made timing awkward to throw you off.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all pretty straight forward but they way the interviewer asked the questions and responded to answers it was obvious that she wanted to speak as confidently as possible even if the question didn't have a right or wrong answer. Picking a side to argue and making up whatever BS needed to support yourself was what the interviewer was looking for.   Answer Question

Yext Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Yext.

I submitted my details initially through the site, but never heard anything so I sent an email to the sales recruiting manger mentioning I was referred by my friend. She quickly responded and scheduled a phone interview. The questions were pretty straightforward, but she sounded like a total "valley girl" on the phone who was trying to get candidates to stutter with her quick questions. But they are really just looking to see if you can alway be quick with a response and sound like you know what you are talking about (important for the job). At the end she invited me for an in-person interview a few days later.

When I arrived at the office, they put me in this extremely tiny hold cell of sorts off of the main sales floor and asked me to fill out some papers. These included a full non-disclosure agreement, which asked for social security number - I left that blank for the time being. The interview consisted of meeting with each of the sales managers, who were all very nice and seemed genuinely interested in my background. The atmosphere was very casual - one of the mangers was even in her yoga sweat clothes. At the end they explained the salary and commission structure. I actually got a pretty good feeling about the company after meeting with them.

Interview Questions
    • They want to see that you can spew BS on command. One of the managers was grabbed a shot glass off of the desk and asked me to try to sell it to him. I'm spewed my fair share of BS in the past so it didn't seem that hard, but I can see where this can be a tense moment for some people.   Answer Question
    Unless you are coming in with extensive sales experience and a proven track record, you will start as a "Level 1". The base salary and commission are not up for negotiation. But if you do well you will have the opportunity to advance to levels 2 or 3 with a higher base.

Yext Sales Associate Interview

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Yext in January 2010.

High pressure interview questions. Weed out those who don't fit.

Interview Questions

Worked for Yext? Contribute to the Community!