Yext

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yext in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied at the Uncubed NY event and later online as well, got a response and a phone interview about 2 weeks after. Was later called in for an onsite interview. There were 4 technical interviews with a lunch in between. Some interviewers gave hints, while others sat in silence while you work on the problem.

Interview Question – Questions involved maze search with obstacles, LCA of a node in a tree, largest contiguous sum of an array, dynamic algorithms to make change and debugging conway's game of life.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yext in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied by a recruiter, got the phone interview immediately then followed by a 4 hours on site interview.

Interview Question – Algorithm questions. Get prepared with Tree, graph, array related ds   View Answers (2)

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering

I interviewed at Yext in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a very unprofessional engineer over the phone. During the course of the interview, I realised that he was talking to other people, laughing and not listening to what I had to say. He was mute as stone when it came to discussing solutions and offered no input. This gives me the impression that the company does not offer a collaborative work environment. Overall, it seems like they need to learn basic interview manners.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult. But because the interviewer refused to discuss solutions and approach, it was a directionless.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Yext in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the Recruiting Administrator to call her since they liked my resume. It was a 45 minute interview, which I felt went good, but I didn't get a call back.

Interview Question – related to data structures, basic questions,   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Yext in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was an on campus interview and was for one hour.

The interviewer started asking knowledge based questions in Java and then asked me some puzzles.
Later he asked me write code for small parsing algorithm.
Overall the interview was not hard and I thought it went well.

2 weeks later I got a email saying they are not calling me for onsite interview.

Interview Questions

Interviewed at Yext

Interview Details – Phone screen followed by onsite. 4 rounds of interviews face to face - which include hands on coding and whiteboard coding.

Interview Question – Algorithms and debugging skills tested   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yext

Worked for Yext? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yext Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Yext employees and interview candidates.