Yext

Yext Yext Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yext.

I submitted my details initially through the site, but never heard anything so I sent an email to the sales recruiting manger mentioning I was referred by my friend. She quickly responded and scheduled a phone interview. The questions were pretty straightforward, but she sounded like a total "valley girl" on the phone who was trying to get candidates to stutter with her quick questions. But they are really just looking to see if you can alway be quick with a response and sound like you know what you are talking about (important for the job). At the end she invited me for an in-person interview a few days later.

When I arrived at the office, they put me in this extremely tiny hold cell of sorts off of the main sales floor and asked me to fill out some papers. These included a full non-disclosure agreement, which asked for social security number - I left that blank for the time being. The interview consisted of meeting with each of the sales managers, who were all very nice and seemed genuinely interested in my background. The atmosphere was very casual - one of the mangers was even in her yoga sweat clothes. At the end they explained the salary and commission structure. I actually got a pretty good feeling about the company after meeting with them.

Interview Questions
  • They want to see that you can spew BS on command. One of the managers was grabbed a shot glass off of the desk and asked me to try to sell it to him. I'm spewed my fair share of BS in the past so it didn't seem that hard, but I can see where this can be a tense moment for some people.   Answer Question
Unless you are coming in with extensive sales experience and a proven track record, you will start as a "Level 1". The base salary and commission are not up for negotiation. But if you do well you will have the opportunity to advance to levels 2 or 3 with a higher base.

Other Interview Reviews for Yext

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Yext in July 2013.

I found out about the position through a friend who forwarded me a posting on a social media site from his friend who works as a YSA. I emailed the hiring manager at noon on a Friday, had a phone interview at 4:30, and set up an in-person interview for the following Monday morning.
    When I arrived I was met cordially and enthusiastically by Danielle, the sales administrator, and led to a glass-walled meeting room behind the sales floor. I was interviewed individually and successively by three people, a training manager and two sales managers. They were all fairly young, easygoing, yet serious professionals. The questions were pretty straightforward; know yourself well and you should be able to answer them honestly and easily.
    I thought my interview went really well, and I got a reassuring "Wow, that was a good answer." at least twice from each interviewer. Unfortunately they emailed me two days later and told me that they "did not find a good fit between [my] background and the position for which we are currently hiring". I'm a little unclear as to what background they are looking for to fill entry-level sales positions, but hey, c'est la vie. Honestly, I probably didn't get hired because I answered the "Tell us why you're better than everyone else we've interviewed." in a non super-aggressive sales-pitchy way, which I was immediately kicking myself for as soon as I was two sentences in.

Interview Questions
    • If you could change one thing about your past what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yext.

Took a couple weeks for them to respond after I had applied. Once they did contact me, they brought me in as soon as possible. Pretty standard interview... Didn't really ask any curveballs where I was completely lost about how to go about answering the question. Be prepared to try to sell them something.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend I'm a perspective student to your college. Sell me on why I should go there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yext in September 2012.

The process was pretty easy. First thing was applying online. The phone interview came a little more than a week after I applied.

The phone interview was pretty standard. Just be yourself and you'll be fine. It really is about getting to know you and getting a feel for your personality.

The in person interview was a few days later. The process was pretty fast. I met three people, and they were all very nice, and had been in the position I was applying for.

Be prepared to sell an inanimate object in the room to whoever is interviewing you.

The best thing to do is be yourself. It's a pretty laud back environment, but with a little more structure than your typical startup.

I was a little disappointed that the people I interviewed with were unfamiliar with my resume, and so i felt as though I was explaining my resume for a significant amount of time with each person, which is exhausting.

Even though it is laid back, dress to impress for your interview, and let them know you take the process seriously.

Interview Questions

I had other offers. This company seems awesome, but I had gotten a slightly better offer earlier.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yext in December 2011.

It was fine, just as organized as any other interview I have ever done. Fairly painless, easy going team leads. So easy going, in fact, that one was wearing workout clothes..... You don't have to wear a suit to interview, you don't have to learn the entire company history, just be yourself. Be honest and up front about your ambitions, and ask a lot of questions if you've never done telemarketing before. You want to be sure this is a good fit, it's unfair to make them train you before you realize you don't want to do this.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical, it's freaking TELEMARKETING. Just be outgoing and positive and don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions to fill in awkward silences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yext in March 2010.

I had 30 minute interview over the phone, then was offered to fly in to have an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of a group style interview then a 1-on-1. As this was a phone sales position, they had us make cold calls for 30 min-1 hour with about 15 minutes of training.