Yodle

Very Difficult Interview

Data Supervisor Interview

Data Supervisor
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Yodle in September 2013.

Interview Details – Numerous questions about managing even though the position is entry level staff and is not considered a "management" role. The role is tied to sales directly and has direct management duties towards sales and sales management. To say the lease you will be running the sales teams with data driven decision making while the sales managers baby sit the sales people and relay your findings making them the stars of the show with your work.

Interview Question – Nothing in specific, the interviewer is inexperienced in management themselves therefor the questions asked do not pertain to the position offered.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations, zero they will not negotiate salary.

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Success Interview

Customer Success
Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Yodle in June 2014.

Interview Details – Although I was disappointed that the position I applied for was filled, I was surprised to be offered a non position specific interview.

The general questions helped identify future opportunities as well. Excellent follow-up and overall interest in the candidate.

Interview Question – What makes you qualifies for this position?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Data Scientist
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Yodle in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an in-house recruiter, and the process moved very quickly from start to finish in just ten days. Everything was very professional. There was an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, and then he scheduled an onsite interview through the in-house recruiter. I was scheduled to meet with six people: three quantitative engineers, the hiring manager, and two marketing types. First, I met with two of the engineers, then the hiring manager, and then another engineer. I did not interview with the two marketers because they were in a meeting later, which I interpreted as a bad sign.

The first interviewer threw me the HORSE question, and I thought to myself, Oh God, here we go lol. But I was surprised to get a couple of the formulas right, but right there I knew this interview was going to be a challenge. The next interviewer asked me about SQL, queries, and then a question for estimating pi. I chose importance sampling but couldn't remember the formula for the graph of a circle: x^2 + y^2 = r^2. The interviewer told me that the formula was x^2 + y^2 = 1, but that was wrong, so the program did not end up working. He said "this is tedious", and at that point I could feel myself going down in flames. By the way, if you want to estimate pi, just sample x and y over the uniform distribution, and then count the number of hits within the circle relative to an enclosing square. That number will approach pi / 4. So, after doing your sampling for N, just multiply by 4 and you will get an estimate for pi.

The next interviewer was the hiring manager, and he asked about my experiences in development, solving problems, and working with teams. His questions were very insightful, and he was a good listener. He pushed for clarification, and that is a sign of a good manager. I really enjoyed speaking with him, as he has worked his way up through Yodle for many years. Good dude.

My final interviewer was another quantitative engineer who was very personable and friendly and quite brilliant. His question was suppose that you had images that were 1000 x 1000 pixels in dimension and that there were millions of these images. If you selected one image, how would you find the 15-20 images that were most similar to the original? Clearly, simple distance calculations would not work, so your job was to figure out an efficient algorithm to find the nearest images relatively quickly, all in 20 minutes lol. In any case, I really enjoyed the interviews but realize that some of the challenges have become ridiculous. Everyone is looking for the perfect candidate, when in fact very few people can meet these challenges, including the interviewers themselves.

The day after the interview, I got a telephone call from the recruiter saying that she spoke to the hiring manager and the feedback was that I was "not technical enough", but they wanted me to keep them posted of my progress. Why? I hung up and thought, man this is a strange world we live in.

Interview Question – You are playing a game of HORSE with a replica of yourself, so your shooting percentage is probability p (for the both of you). The rules are that if you make a basket and your replica misses, then you win the game. If your replica makes the basket and you miss, then you lose. If you both miss, then you start over again. What is the expected probability that you will win the game?   Answer Question

Search Marketing Manager Interview

Search Marketing Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yodle in July 2009.

Interview Details – Three rounds of interviews. Started with members of the team and then with the VP of Search Marketing. These guys really put you through the grinder. I've interviewed with the likes of Google and Yahoo and these guys are worse. Worthless brainteasers thrown at you, problem solving questions that barely relate to the job. Lot's of questions and thoughts on Google algorithm, CTR, etc..

Interview Question – there's a duck and chicken on one side of the river and a goat on the other, you have a boat that only holds two people. get them across but can't leave the goat and the chicken, or something to that extent. so dumb.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I really didn't like the vibe of the people I interviewed with and the company in general.

Quantitative Develooer Interview

Quantitative Develooer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yodle in January 2010.

Interview Details – there is first a phone interview with an recruiter and then a phone interview with the team manager. During the onsite, I met four people from the group, each has different tests from algorism to code test.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Yodle in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and did not hear from anyone for days. Went to the website and used their contact form to ask the status. Received a call shortly after. Asked me basic things about why I wanted the job, previous work history, and why I was qualified. They setup an interview for me to talk with the Sales Manager in NYC and "possibly" with another person.

Met with the manager and was immediately taken back by how weird he seemed. Kind of robotic and a bit on the cold side. Not sure if that was intentional. I prepared a bunch of questions and he answered them all as if he was feeding me sales lines he had said a million times to his clients. Weird. Interview ended (didn't meet with anyone else) and I was told I would hear from the woman who called me initially.

A week later, didn't hear from anyone. I emailed the woman.

Nothing.

I called and she wasn't available. I left a message.

Called again a few days later and she told me they decided not to go with me. Confused as to why they couldn't just email me this news.

Later on I get a call from Yodle again from a new person. He leaves me a message saying to call him back.

I do. It turns out he found my resume and wants to set me up to meet the manager in NYC... wow. Thanks.

Interview Question – Walk me through your last client interaction. How did you close him?   Answer Question

Database Analyst Interview

Database Analyst
Austin, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Yodle in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had a pre-screening call. Followed by which I had a technical phone interview. The last round was supposed to be 1:1 interview. But unfortunately I couldn't get through the technical interview.

Interview Question – Logical question involving cards   View Answer

Sales Representative

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Yodle in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview then a 3 hour one on one interview

Interview Question – How would you sell me this pencil....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Sales Development Representative Interview

Sales Development Representative
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yodle in February 2012.

Interview Details – Initially it took them just over two weeks to set up the initial interview. Once I was interviewed it was a three step process (HR interview, manager interview, phone interview to assess selling skills) that took about a week. I was in a training class the following week iwht a group of five other people.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. There is a comp plan built in so you make what you earn.

Interviewed at Yodle

Interview Details – Phone screen plus 2 in person interviews.

Interview Question – Can you deal with getting hung up everyday?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Money is whatever Yodle says.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yodle

Worked for Yodle? Contribute to the Community!

Yodle Videos

Yodle – Why Work for Us?

​​ ​Since 2005, Yodle has grown to over 1,100 employees, and we’re not slowing down. With an unmatched combination of rapidly-developing technology, thoughtful data analysis, and expert levels of service, we make… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yodle interview questions and advice. All 77 interview reviews posted anonymously by Yodle employees and interview candidates.